Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Question about using rope cocker on Horton

Old 08-13-2006, 10:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default Question about using rope cocker on Horton

A friend of mine bought a Horton Legend and I showed him to use his rope cocker hooked under his scope like my Excalibur, I just saw a picture in a Redhead catalog with the cocker hooked on the back of the stock, did I show him wrong. [8D]

Tar Heel
Old 08-14-2006, 07:55 AM

Default RE: Question about using rope cocker on Horton

Well hummmm....ur hooking it right around where the scope is mounted putting alot of stress right there, not good for the mounting plate, and if that slips off from there it's going to hit the scope maybe enough to throw the scope settings off ......even worse it could rip the whole works off the mounting plate. Not saying it will do that , but oh my if it did. Yes the rope should go on the butt plate , really to be safe. The Excaliburs have that notch that the string can travel on....but the Horton , nope.....I wouldn't chance it.
BOB
Old 08-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question about using rope cocker on Horton

it goes on the stock. I have one also and it instructs u to place it on the back of the stock on the buttplate for cocking. I would deffinately try it there otherwise ur risking alot doing it the way you are.