Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

HOGS 2 ARKIES 0

Old 08-09-2006, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default HOGS 2 ARKIES 0

Hi Ya'll!! See alot of new names here, welcome to all!! I really like seeing new names on all the xbow forums, to me it means that big snow ball rolling down hill gets bigger every day!

Went on a xbowhog hunt w/ buddy in La. from last Fri. eve til this Tues. a.m. 1600 acres of great hunting, scenery, atv trails, ect. My buddy got one shot at about a 200 + lber, but arrow hit a twig and ghe missed. I never got a shot, but that's the way it goes. Our hosts even baited a trap, hoping to just get us some meat to take home, but even that didn't pan out. We could hear the hogs grunting all night every night, guess that's what hog laughs sound like, lol. All in all, we had a great time, even w/ the heat and humidity. It's good to be home.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: HOGS 2 ARKIES 0

Dan, sorry you didnt get a hog, but glad to hear you had a good time and made it back safely..
Old 08-09-2006, 11:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Dan, glad you enjoyed yourself! Man, in Louisianna and they didn't use dogs? If they would have used them, you would have hadyourself aleast 2 or 3 hogs, but you would have had to work hard and alot of running!
Old 08-09-2006, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Reb: LOL, "but you would have had to work hard and alot of running!

If and when we ever meet, I can almost guarantee your first thought will be "no way is this sunny beach a runner". lol. I'm at about 300 lbs w/ bad knees, which is why I hog hunt in a group of three, myself and Smith and Wesson. I'd bounce that crossbow off a snout while drawing my .357 in a heartbeat!! I actually practised drawing and busting a cap a few times to see if I could get anywhere near quick enough.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:35 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: aw shucks

I'm at about 300 lbs w/ bad knees, which is why I hog hunt in a group of three, myself and Smith and Wesson.
I'm 66, 240 lbs,had by-passes in both legs in 2000, have two small aneurysmsin the stomach aorta, have arthritis in both hips and bursitis in the right shoulder. That's why after 45yrs of dog hog hunting I gave my 4 hog dogs to my partner and went to deer hunting.He is 76 and still chasing hogs with dogs!

Don't Care What Anybody Says, I'm Going Deer Hunting!

Old 08-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Geeeeze, you guys make me feel GOOD! I like hanging around this forum! I'm 53 and 150 and can run like hell if a hog is coming at me and I might nudge one of ya if it'll help! Hehehee
Old 08-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Geeeeze, you guys make me feel GOOD! I like hanging around this forum! I'm 53 and 150 and can run like hell if a hog is coming at me and I might nudge one of ya if it'll help! Hehehee
My youngestbrother-in-law, best friend and Quail,Dove and Duckhunting patrner was in tip top shape, weighed 165 lbs, but within 6 months he died of Colon Cancer at the age of 53.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

WOW!! I sure do feel better now guys. Thanks for pouring some sunshine up my butt today. I don't think I could possibly take no stinkingrunning hollering hog hunting. Or no sneaking, stalking, mountain lion nipping at my heels, fleeing for my life hunting. I just want to climb up in my box stand with my little ole crossbow and shoot at a gentle, mild mannered, buck that doesn't have the devil's look in his eyes, thank you very much! LOL.
BBO
Old 08-09-2006, 07:26 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BuddyBo

WOW!! I sure do feel better now guys. Thanks for pouring some sunshine up my butt today. I don't think I could possibly take no stinkingrunning hollering hog hunting. Or no sneaking, stalking, mountain lion nipping at my heels, fleeing for my life hunting. I just want to climb up in my box stand with my little ole crossbow and shoot at a gentle, mild mannered, buck that doesn't have the devil's look in his eyes, thank you very much! LOL.
BBO
Yeah, I want to die in my sleep like my Gramps, LOL.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not me! I wanna go wide awake, all used up, just plumb wore out w/ lotsa scuff marks and no shiny spots!!!

Quick Reply: HOGS 2 ARKIES 0

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.