Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Hog Hunt Finally

Old 08-02-2006, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hog Hunt Finally

Going to La. for a hog hunt this week-end. Leaving out early Friday a.m. for 4 hr trip. Just found this out late last night, and ironically had just made a deal on a pop-up camper w/ a/c a few hours earlier. I got this deal through the Swap a Hunt on this site, traded an Oct. bear hunt for hogs. Thanks HNI!! I'm gonna use the Phoenix, my buddy is taking his Vixen. I know there's a 300 lb they have been playing hide and go seek w/ so will be taking my S&W .357 in case we gotta go looking for one in the weeds.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hog Hunt Finally

http://media.putfile.com/charging-boar
Here's what a Dick Cheney hog hunt looks like.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:03 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

That was awsome man! hehehee
Old 08-02-2006, 09:46 AM
Typical Buck

hope you have a lot of fun and get a big boar..
Old 08-02-2006, 11:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Atta boy Dan, give'um hell! Are they going to use dogs?
Old 08-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

We want pictures!
Old 08-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll have a camera. As to the dogs, I'm not sure Reb. I do know they wait for this dry blazing heat as it tends to congregate the hogs in a limited number of wallows. More than a little nervous about this trip, spent 5 years way down the bayou from 80-85. Got shot, cut, and had both ear lobes nearly bit off in bar brawls mostly from hustling pool. Went back once in May 05 on an ill fated fishing trip, ended up spending 11 days in a hospitol sucking IV's for bacterial menengitus. I'll be glad just to go and get back alive!! No pool or bars this time!!!
Old 08-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: awshucks

I'll have a camera. As to the dogs, I'm not sure Reb. I do know they wait for this dry blazing heat as it tends to congregate the hogs in a limited number of wallows. More than a little nervous about this trip, spent 5 years way down the bayou from 80-85. Got shot, cut, and had both ear lobes nearly bit off in bar brawls mostly from hustling pool. Went back once in May 05 on an ill fated fishing trip, ended up spending 11 days in a hospitol sucking IV's for bacterial menengitus. I'll be glad just to go and get back alive!! No pool or bars this time!!!
Remember, if they are not using dogs, nail it behind the ear or just above and behindthe front leg. Most of my friends use the Land Shark Broadheads on hogs, cause of the two Bleeding Blades. They use 125gr Sharks!Make sure you practice alot before going. Practice on a target as I posted or use large potatoes as your target.Stay away from the shield on the hog. Anywhere else you hit it it's going to die, but it will runoff and you might lose it.

Simmons System Archery - Simmons Sharks!: Land Shark 100

Broadheads & Points-Screw-In Broadheads-Simmons-3Rivers

Old 08-02-2006, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

I thought about going down to southern IL. and hunting hogs but they say there are only a few there and there not seen that much, well maybe Tennasee next year..

Good Luck Dan be careful out there..
Old 08-02-2006, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Reb, I bookmarked that hog first time I saw it, and believe you posted it then. I'm planning on trying for double lungers, should be in a blind w/ shooting rest under 30. I thought the lungs were a little higher than they appear in picture. Looks like I need to go right behind that leg joint just above the heart?? I know when I put down that 50-60 lber I just went behind top of shoulder and he didn't go far, lots of blood, both sides. I'll sure take all the advice I can get from a pro like you!! I'm guessing here, but by behind the ear, you mean a spine shot right?? I'm gonna use 100 gr Slick Tricks, they are all I have, but can put them where I want em to go.

Quick Reply: Hog Hunt Finally

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.