Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Limb Savers ?????

Old 08-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Limb Savers ?????

ORIGINAL: Dnk

As it was said to Awsucks by the honerable Dan Miller the best sound suppressor is a set of ear plugs. The deer you shoot at is not going to hear the bow. As a side note if you position yourself infront of the bow say ten to thirty yards away (without being shot) you will find out that the its louder around the bow rather than infront of the bow. Personally I think most of the noise we here is from the stock. Replacing the stock with a wood stock will make the biggest difference and look very cool.
Don
Yeah Dnk, it's the helicopter sound effect thingy in reverse, or vise visa, Oh I don't know what I'm talking about, I'm going back to sleep. LOL
BBO
Old 08-03-2006, 01:05 AM

Thanks to all for the input.
I work midnights so I did not have time to work on the bow today.
But I have the next 11 days off for vacation !!!I will have plenty of time to do more testing of the bow, scouting, stand setting, deer watchingand replentishing My system with cold liquids. After all We need plenty of cold beverages down here in the South.I may even hit Daytona beach if a hurricane does not hit Us.
I do really thank each and every one of You for the help.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey don't leave, come on back and join in regular.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

FI still hunter, I have been using a Barnett Revolution for 4 years and will pass on a few things I have learned.

1 Will shoot flat or moon nocks
2 Min arrow weight 450 grains this omits gold tip and some other carbons.
3 Do not leave cocked in a hot car, my limbs split and had to send off. When cocked let down every 4 hours and cock again.
4 Hard on serving I learned to serve.
5 Dial a Range is no good I could not keep my scope set. My solution adjust your scope evelation in the middle so you will have adjustment up and down, set your scope with dial a range, turn the dial a range wheel so the holes line up so you can take off if necessary, set again using scope adjustment, when right using JB weld (epoxy) glue everything down
being careful to not get in trigger ass. My scope has stayed on the money
for 3 years.

Hope this helps
Tar Heel
Old 08-03-2006, 03:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I guess I am the odd man out; I think that there are times and places where sound suppression is important.
#1 I just put in for a subraband permit [That means git to hunt in town where all the deer are with no limit] I have a set of suppressors and they have quited my xbow by about 70% my back yard is big enough to shoot in but I really dont like to disturb anyone and it was loud enough to start with to do so,that goes double for the people that let me hunt on their in town property, I also believe that the less you disturb your hunting area the more you see and I regularly fill more than one tag from the same stand,sometimes on the same day. The good ones are expensive, none of them are more than 75 % efficant, they do slow the xbow down mine lost about 18 fps. Lee
Old 08-03-2006, 04:15 PM
Typical Buck

so how about sharing what you used Lee, hey we are always up to hear about a product or products that work,,
Old 08-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Spike

A few years ago I tried to quiet my Horton down I tried the Limb Savers and I didnt notice any difference.As someone mentioned the arrow is there before the deer hears it go off,but after the shot even if it was a good hit I like to sit in my climber for awhile just it watch and enjoy the woods.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:37 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: popumm

A few years ago I tried to quiet my Horton down I tried the Limb Savers and I didnt notice any difference.As someone mentioned the arrow is there before the deer hears it go off,but after the shot even if it was a good hit I like to sit in my climber for awhile just it watch and enjoy the woods.
Hey popumm, donno how you slipped under the radar. Its not like us to ignore a new forum user. Welcome to the crossbow forum!
Old 08-16-2006, 06:11 PM
Spike

dnk --As you can see I'am not on line very often.After 22 years sitting in front of the tube I just had to retired.I do get back on line at times to visit.One of these days I might make itNorth and try the black bear.With all the regs. they keep passing looks I should have done it a few years ago.Thanks for the kind words.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I bought a limbsaver kit put it on my 10point and moved it around till I found the harmonic point, then put the string quieters on, and again looked for the harmonic,they slow my xbow about 18 fps according to my chrony but I feel its worth it they are about 70 percent effective. Back when I still had a archery shop [1/2 of] a few years before I retired we did a lot of experimenting on all kinds of bows and most of these quieting mechanisms are between 50 and 75 percent effective if you apply them just right. Lee

Quick Reply: Limb Savers ?????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.