Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Confusion on crossbows

Old 08-01-2006, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Confusion on crossbows

Ta Da come on Toto were not in kansas, Witch one to choose or even believe in their data! [:-]They must sell product to produce more of same. []Some cost way more than udders ya knowed. [&o]Those who have posted before me have given you great info! Well to tell you honestly i am bias! []You hold ,touch and feel, shoot them witch is too heavy? Too aukward? Too ugly? Terrible trigger pull? What can you really afford? How accurate? Can you maintain it? Does it take a trip to shop fer everything? You see we can eliminate those trashy training wheeled stump brok nonono no xbow model bashing allowed![:'(]Its Howdy Dowdy time, if ya buy anything but an Excal the best xbow buy on the market. Have i told you about Miss Phoenix and her sweet and sexy sister Miss Vixen!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Mike, clean off that stir stick! Its starting to get crusty!
Old 08-02-2006, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

You might be right, i have been off in de woods and maybe some of that creeping crud jumped on it. You have to admit i did put in at least 7 or 8 things to look fer and check out before he puts his money down!I knowed y'all want me to be fair and tell folks to try all the xbows and choose what they like. It just ain't in me to let them get rooked and lose their very hard to come by money! Psssst Excal
Old 08-02-2006, 08:01 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

LOL, can't help yourself can ya?
Old 08-02-2006, 09:06 AM

Man, o, man! Now I'm even more confused.

I gotta have a drink.

Sounds like the Excal is the way to go. I'll bea beginner Xbow hunter. I want the best for the money. I don't want to invest in junk...or a lie.

Sounds like you guys have a lot of experience in this field, and that's what I was looking for. Someone that has actually hunted and and brought down a beast with one.

Thanks fellas!
Old 08-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

gdaagent, there is no best bow! LOL, Go and pick them up and shoot them then talk to us. LOL......hehehe
Old 08-02-2006, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dnk,serial#C61296 it has made in Great Briton on it it is not compound I could not find much info on it my wife bought it about 10 years ago new,it shoot heavy or light arrows at the same speed and she took a couple of deer with it before she died. It actually is very accurate and works well enough to kill a deer with a heavy arrow with a heavy head. Mostly other than the speed it has two draw backs if you bump the scope the mounts bend and you have to sight it in all over again and dont fail to have a winch to pullthe trigger it is a bit heaver than the 150# bow. Just kidding Lee
Old 08-02-2006, 10:09 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that about your wife Lee. I know you've heard it but that's sad man.
What serial number is that for?
Old 08-02-2006, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

you really should do some reserch into the different crossbows on the market, I have both an Excalibur the Exocet 200 and I also have a TenPoint Proelite, these are both great crossbows ,
TenPoint came out with a new line of crossbows this year called SixPoints theres a crossbow in that line I have been hearing great things about , the Slider , I hear it is light packs the punck of its bigger siblings and is verry accurate, and if you are new to hunting you might want to think about safty features offered on soem of the crossbows ,, like whats offered on the TenPoint Elite and Proelite , such as automatic safty,, dryfire inhibitor, forstock safty, it would be a terrible thing to send an arrow thru a window or theu the family pet or worse case senerio thru a family member because of forgeting to put on the safty, and accidentally firing the bow . and from what I have read a dryfire will reak havock on a crossbow, I had Phoenix that I bought used that I think had been dryfired, it just never did seam right and had it checked out and found out the left limd was cracked,splintered or split. so IMO its not so simple as hey everyone on this or that forum says this is a good crossbow, I would suggest doing some reserch into the different ones offered narrowing down your choices then finding a proshop that carries the ones you are interested in and handling and shooting them,,
Make an informed decision.. just my thoughts..
Old 08-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Fork Horn

Dnk – The next big hunt I am going on is at the Game Fair in Anoka, MN. This is a six-day show, which is somewhat like a Renaissance Fair, but the subject of the event is all forms of hunting will take place during two consecutive, 3-day weekends in August. And what will I and my friends be hunting for there you ask (maybe your not asking, but I am going to tell you anyhow)? I and the other members of the Minnesota Association of Crossbow Hunters (MACH) are going to be looking for new members to help us get the crossbow legalized as just another option for the Minnesota bowhunter.

There are hundreds of folks in Minnesota who would love to use the crossbow during the archery season and MACH’s objective is to bring them into one group, which will effectively lobby for the inclusion of the crossbow in the archery season. Are we going to be successful? Of course! How long will it take? Who knows! But it is never going to get done unless all those who believe the crossbow should be a matter of choice organize and come together.

We already have the ears of several legislators and the MN DNR is on the bandwagon so it is up to the grassroots hunters of this state to make it happen. I must admit that I am surprised and somewhat taken aback by the number of folks that think the crossbow is a good idea, but are not willing to become actively involved with the movement. Apathy is at a premium, but our crew, which will be made up from our current paid members is bound and determined to do what it takes to make it happen in Minnesota. The key is to bring all of the hunters who support the crossbow together into one solid group and then go after the legislators in our own districts. A politician is a politician and the only thing the catches their attention is a large number of voters.

So, that is my next big hunt! I have no idea what kind of trophies we are going to bag, but I have my sights set on at least 100 newly paid members. The fall issue of the Horizontal Bowhunter Magazine will be our fifth anniversary issue and a report about this hunt for new MACH members will be found on the pages of that issue. Watch for it and find out how many were bagged and what the next move will be to bring the crossbow into the Gopher State, making it just one more choice for the Minnesota bowhunter. I am expecting a good hunt with lots of wall-hangers. Wish us luck in our hunt.

If I can be of assistance to help any of our ACF family members in other states get a similar action going, please feel free to give me a call (320-634-3660) and chat. Nothing on this scale happens without invested effort. If we are serious about gaining ground and overcoming the oppression that has held us back for so long, it will require some effort and some leadership. MACH is willing to share all that we are doing and all that we have done in an effort to promote our cause. If MACH can help, please let us know. We are dedicated, heart and soul, to making the crossbow just as common as the compound bow during the archery season.

Quick Reply: Confusion on crossbows

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.