Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Best made 22 Inch Carbon Bolts ?

Old 07-31-2006, 01:49 AM

Default Best made 22 Inch Carbon Bolts ?

In Your opinion.
What are the best made 22 inch carbon bolts for a 160 LB X Bow ???
Thanks !!
Old 07-31-2006, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best made 22 Inch Carbon Bolts ?

Fl StillHunter: Not too many guys here use 22" arrows, am guessing you have a Barnett? The Excal guys can go as low as 350 gr on arrow weight, 10 pts are about 420/431, don't really know about the rest, but do know you need [a] half moon nocks and [b] heavy enough weight for Barnett, if my guess was right. Actually, just wanted to let you know we weren't ignoring your question, just not many answers here. Good luck!!
Old 07-31-2006, 04:05 PM

This will be my second year with them but I had excellent luck with the Horton carbons. Never had any problems with them at all and you can get them everywere.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have a Barnett and 22" arrows are fine. I'd say if you can get those Gold tips that length they will certainly hold up. About the best carbon arrow shafts and arrows on the market.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:37 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I think you should find that the Gold Tip Lazer 2s will be good. Beeman makes a really good shaft as well. You could also cut and make your own aluninum 2117s or 2217s from Easton. The choices may seem endless.
BTW welcome to the funny farm and don't mind the immature pickin on Awshucks, he loves it! Mostly do not ignore The Squirrel, he loves a good beating!
Old 07-31-2006, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why 22 is there some x bow that needs 22?Lee
Old 08-01-2006, 01:25 AM

I am working on a new Barnett Revalution and it does use 22 inch bolts. I am having trouble finding a target that will stop the bolts without a complete pass threw. I will be testing out feed bags filled with rags in the morning.
The bow has a scope, but evin with the scope elevation adjusted all the way up,it still shoots hi at 25 yards. Do You guys shim scopes just like a rifle or switch bases front to back, back to front ?
I am new to X bows, so any help would be great.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know how to correct yer problem,i have an Excal. I have a rifle scope on mine and i just adjusted it like it was one. I shoot dead center at 25 yds. Up closer all is high and ferther is all drop lower. Can't remember, i just moved elev. and windage the opposite way my arrows hit. If it was shooting high and right i moved it left and down until it got to dot at 25 yds.[]
Old 08-01-2006, 06:30 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Fl Still Hunter

I am working on a new Barnett Revalution and it does use 22 inch bolts. I am having trouble finding a target that will stop the bolts without a complete pass threw. I will be testing out feed bags filled with rags in the morning.
The bow has a scope, but evin with the scope elevation adjusted all the way up,it still shoots hi at 25 yards. Do You guys shim scopes just like a rifle or switch bases front to back, back to front ?
I am new to X bows, so any help would be great.
The yellow jacket that was just discontinued and supplied by Excal will work but you may have to search for left over stock. The American Whitetail will work as well. I assume you are using target points because there aren't any bag targets that will work to my knowledge.
As for the scope issue why don't you post a couple of pics so we can see it there is a solution. If the scope mount mounts flat to a part of your crossbow then you can shim it and if it screws to the side of something like the excal you can slot the holes. Send a couple of pics!
Old 08-01-2006, 07:19 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Fl, I looked at a pic of your bow and it looks like your scope mount is cantelevered. You may want to put a really thin shim between the scope ring and base. You cannot shim much because it will eventually bend the scope tube. A solution maybe to buy scope rings that have a pivoting ring inside the scope ring that allows for more shimming. There is a limit to shimming but you should find out first if there is a problem. For example if the scope base is bent then just get another. It may be because the scope does not have enought adjustment. It maybe because it is meant to accomodate a specific application like their red dot system. I would start by calling Barnett. I understand that their customer service is really quite good.

Quick Reply: Best made 22 Inch Carbon Bolts ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.