Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Enough rope to hang your self

Old 07-30-2006, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Enough rope to hang your self

What a can of worms!!! Gee, you wheel guys must be laughing your buns off, as there is only 5 Excal guys here, as far as I can tell. One last time, I'd like to straighten this out if I can. Excalibur, the company, offers three strings. The "standard" which only applys to pre 2001 carved limb tips. Nobody here has one, 'cept my buddy that's hiding his from mama-san.lol.
That leaves the fff and the "endless loop" dacron. There is one more, the source of all the confusion, which imho, is NOT an Excal offering, but is called the Flemish Dacron, kinda the best of both worlds, but still an aftermarket deal. Dnk seems to think it's faster than the Excal, I think it's slower, but trhe chrony will be here soon, and we'll put all of this to rest.

Old 07-30-2006, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Enough rope to hang your self

Shucky darn we having a party now! Wee doggys ain't this somekind of fun. I do love to learned sumpin.[8D]
Old 07-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Americans!! Canadians!! Samoans!! Hawiians!! 3rd World Emirates!! All ships at Sea!! Quit pming me!! Ya'll got more names for three pieces of rope than Carter has liver pills. I'm gonna take pictures of all this controversy [thanks alot Henry, lol] and although I
'm only half as smart as most of ya, I'm twice as bull-headed, so we're even lol.Dnk: get rid of that carved tip, yer just confusing the whole shebang!! What are ya hunting, dinosauers?? I'll be back, ya'll wait right here.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:09 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

LOL!
My limbs look better and more gracefull than yours with condoms on the ends! Think I'll keep mine!
Old 07-30-2006, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dnk: Check yer Email, got pics of em all but can't size the sunny beaches to fit here. coming at ya bud!
Old 07-30-2006, 11:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Dnk

LOL!
My limbs look better and more gracefull than yours with condoms on the ends! Think I'll keep mine!
Now that right there was funny!! I dont care who ya are!! you boys need to keep it up cause im enjoying this!!
Old 07-31-2006, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, it just keeps on going on!! Got the pics of all four, but can't post em, when did the size thing get changed from 200 kb to 100 kb?? Gotta wait til tonight when puter guru can straighten this mess out, was gonna email em to Dnk, but they are too big to do that.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:19 AM
Spike

I have owned a few Excaliburs over the years, and maybe I can shed some light on this string issue.
These are the strings available for use on Excalibur bows. The 4 digit number preceeding the description is the product number as offered from Excalibur.
2010 String - 35.4"
(Dacron - Standard, for use with carved limb tips only)
2097 Flemish Super String-Hand Made - 36"
(Dacron - for carved or molded limb tips)
1989 Fast Flight Flemish String-Hand Made - 36"
(for molded tip bows only)
1994 Excel String - 36"
(for molded tip bows only)
Before the mag tips came onto the scene, only the the 2010 and 2097 were available. The 2010 was the standard string at that time, and the 2097 was available as an accessory. Its main benefits were longer serving life and a quieter bow, at a cost of a couple fps in speed. I always found that this string started to fail at the loop ends first.
In order to realize the velocity gains of the new string materials available, the mag tip design was released. The mag tips originally came with the 1989 FFF string and the 1994 Excel came along a short while later. The Exellerant string is more forgiving in the case of dry fire, so that string has come to be the standard string on new bows. In fact, the Excellerant string has had a material change in the last year or so. The newest material makes them even more forgiving when dry fired, but again at the cost of some fps. This means that there could be a significant difference in speed between 2 Excel strings, depending on when they were made and the material used.
Clear as mud, right?
Old 07-31-2006, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Delmer: Thanks for the info. By Excellerant are you meaning the Excel endless loop? Or would that be the name of matl used to construct? Thanks again.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:58 AM
Typical Buck

ok since the can of worms is still open gona try somthing maybe you guts can correlate somthing for me I understand the strings offered by Excalibure and the pros and cons to eack what in a way throws is others that offer strings call them by different names, so here goes

D. Miller String= ExCalibur String

Endless Dacron Carved tip sting

Endless ExCelExcalibur standard today

Flemish Twist Dacron???

Flemish Twist Dyna Flight ???

I know one of the last 2 is = to the FFF Excalibur and the other is deemed the hybird suppose to off the best overall ... but which is which in correlation to the strings offered by Excalibur?

Worms worms worms put a hook on that stringlets go fishingLOL

Quick Reply: Enough rope to hang your self

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.