Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

CHRONY

Old 07-29-2006, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default CHRONY

Fess up folks how many have one and what is yer opinion of it. Would you buy a different one if you could do it again or have because one you bought wasn't very good? Lets have some names and models!
Old 07-29-2006, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CHRONY

I had a cheap one, can't remember the name, worked fine. Plus or minus a fps ow two. got another cheap one [but not cheapest] coming early next week. I think these economy models will work fine for comaprison purposes. I'm gonna see where the bear boogered the buckwheat on this string thing!! Smoke: I can get one of my L II's up to 474 gr by adding weight to 431. If ya wanna know what they are coming out of your Phoenix at. Or, I'll send it on to ya to check your stuff out in a week or so. Gee, V-zone or chrony???? That's a tough one!! lol. Get the Zone, I'll borry ya the chrony!!! Dan
Old 07-29-2006, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

Definately if you are thinking about getting one or the other get the Vari-Zone you will be very happy you did, you can find a proshop or like Awshucks said he would lone you his crony when he is done with it , when I got the Exocet they ceonied it for me with the standard Excal Excel string and I was using the 431 grain arrows GT II`s dont know how accurate it was because it was one of those that mount on a compound bow and the shop operator held it under the bow while I shot somthing I would not try but with that combo it shot 301, so since you ar using the FFF String on the Phoenix and the heavy 474 grain arrows would say you are some where areound the 270`s range just a guess I am thinking of ordering one of the cheap models from caballas or someplace myself , but could think of other thinhs I would rather spend the dollars ,, so may kust go to my local proshop and pay to use theirs, and do some expiermenting,
buy yourself a Vari-zone and take Dan up on his offer you will be glad you did..
Old 07-29-2006, 02:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mine is one of the first they came out with still does the job; Been eyeing the new ones though. Lee
Old 07-30-2006, 01:41 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I have a chrony (thats the name of it), made in canada, folds up. Apparently they aren't tough enought to survive a shot gun blast! They are cheap and you can get a clear sheild for the face. The shield as put put with shots from glancing shots from a compound and a 1100ftps pellet gun! I would imagine buying sky screens would have been cheaper than replacing the whole thing but I didn't have to. Chrony was pretty good about it. They replaced the front half for a nominal amount of money