Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Excalibur Strings

Old 07-28-2006, 09:58 AM
Typical Buck

Default Excalibur Strings

I did the poll on what string do you use hoping to bring out information on the different strings that can be gotten for the Excalibur Crossbows , unfortunately it did no turn out as I would have liked for it to so will ask the question directly..

Could those of you that have knowledge of the different strings that can be gotten share what you know about the different types of strings ??
carateristics of the different materials. used . advantages and disadvantages of the different types , I know string choice is a personnel choice and that no one string is right for everyone, but I am sure that there are others like me that would like to know as much as they can find out about the different strings and their good and bad points. in the end one would need to expierment with the different strings, but it would be nice to have a good understanding of their carituristics. (spelled wrong)
Old 07-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Excalibur Strings

I have all 3 and would use all 3, 1st flemish fast flite. I like its speed its gives, just make sure not to dryfire! 2nd the endless looped excel dacron reason it is easier on limbsand won't pull thru. 3rd and last but still decent is the flemish dacron witch will pull thru if you let it untwist any. Its only bad point. The other string i don't use at all is fer the older carved limbed Excals! Ta da wahoo!
Old 07-29-2006, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got an order in from D. Miller, and I noticed that the Flem dacrons I got had alot more length in the woven end loops for the limb tips. Might just be me, but I'm willing to bet the loops coming undone is not gonna be a problem on these.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:33 AM
Spike

I may have shed some light on the subject for you in another post started by awshucks.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:48 AM

ORIGINAL: delmer

I may have shed some light on the subject for you in another post started by awshucks.
By the way I have read all these post Awshucks has been holding a million candle power spotlight and htoler won't take his shades off to see!! And as someone on here always says.... WHACK!
Old 07-31-2006, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't crank Htoler up again!!! That's my job, lol. It's confusing because there's alot of names for only a few strings. We got a new one now, "Excellerant", gotta go to the other post and thank the guy for the info, and see which one is the above.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:11 AM

I know, I know. Im just having some fun with ya all!! Not trying to crank him up, just trying to help unwind him for ya. Im glad I got wheels cause this string changing stuff can drive a good man crazy![&:]
Old 07-31-2006, 12:19 PM
Typical Buck

guess I just be blindlol whats confusing me is what Dan said Excalibur is calling the strings by one name and other places that offer strings are calling them somthing different I aint totally dumb, I understand what each of the Excalibur strings do and the pluses and minuses. there are 2 strings offered from the place I order strings from that I am unsure what they are in corralation to the Excalibur strings.. theres has been a lot of info offered regarding the strings but the the question I asked in the firs place I have not gotten ansered yet,
sorry for not getting the string thing maybe I be too dumb to own a crossbow..

Old 07-31-2006, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

how about we just drop the whole string thing,
Old 07-31-2006, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I spend $99 for a chrony and you want to drop it?? No Way bucko!! See Chrony thread lol

Quick Reply: Excalibur Strings

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.