Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
Dyna Flight Flemish
0%
Endlessloop Excel
0%
Endlessloop Dacron
0%
Fast Flight Flemish
100.00%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

ExCal Users Which String do you use??

Old 07-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ExCal Users Which String

ok what I would like to know is this.. I read the thread on the excalibur site and have read the info on the Excalibur website..

inrelation to Excalibur strings I believe the Endles Dacron would be the one Excal has listed as for the older bows with carved tipped limbs I could be wrong..
and that the endless Excel would be the same as the Excalibur standard string for mag tip limbs I think

so what would the remaining 2 strings that I listed be? Flemish twist dacron would be ?? and the flemish twist dyna flight would be??
Old 07-30-2006, 04:04 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Yes to the first question, Dacron is just about the only commercially available string usable on the old carved limb tips but also usable on the newer moulded mag tips. Any excel or fast flight (ff) is only to be used on the newer moulded mag tips. This is only about string material.

Flemish or endless loop is just what a string maker does with the above material to form a string. The endless it a bunch of strings just basically bunched together and the flemish looks like a very thin rope which of course looks like two cords wrapped around each other.

There is an unlimited number of types of material available. I believe that dacron and fastflight are the only commonly available materials. I am not sure if fastflight and excel are the same material but, if you'll excuse the expression its immaterial. There is dacron(made from polyester) and the others(fastflight, exel, dyneema, vectran, 452x(blend of dyneema and vectran)
Old 07-30-2006, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

The dyna flemish is what we call the fast flite string aka fff its used on the newer mag tip limbs. the other flemish is the dacron it fits mag tip limbs. Then the excel its looped on ends like regular bows! That other one is fer carved limbs. are we all on the same page here? If not post and we will go thru it again i have years to use.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:13 AM
Typical Buck

hey guess what guys I have finally gotten it,, The light finally went on,,