Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
Dyna Flight Flemish
0%
Endlessloop Excel
0%
Endlessloop Dacron
0%
Fast Flight Flemish
100.00%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

ExCal Users Which String do you use??

Old 07-28-2006, 09:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ExCal Users Which String

TTT
Old 07-29-2006, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

The endless loop dacron and the endless loop Excel are the same as far as I know. In reality there are only 3 choices, as far as I know. The fff, excel, and flemish dacron. The fff is grey and black w/ woven end loops. Flemish dacron is green and black, woven end loops. The Excel is endless loop w/ served end loops. The other choices are for pre 2001 carved tips.
I realize this can be confusing. The fff gives you the fastest speeds, has to "stretch" in, and is the most unforgiving in the event of a dry fire. It is the kiss of death for carved tip limbs. It's disadvantages can be negated by the use of a heavier arrow, like Smokes 474 gr "logs". I prefer the Excel, think it shoots faster than the Flemish dacron that Dnk prefers, but don't know for sure. I seem to recall my poi dropping alot when I tried the Flemish dacron. Will post test results when new chrony gets here. Htoler's poll is somewhat handi-capped by the limited number of Excal users here. I count 5 total, Myself, Dnk, Smoke, Planter, and Htoler. Excuse me if I missed anyone. I do know that the Flemish dacron is the quietest, followed in ascending order by the Excel and the fff. I'm also aware of tests Excal has done where an Emax survived dry fires w/ fff. However, there are numerous posts on other forums of folks that weren't that lucky. Dry fires are alot like IRS audits, generally nothing good happens.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:20 PM
Typical Buck

I thought there were more Excal users on the forum..

Old 07-30-2006, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think about 5 of us. Of course i make up fer at least a dz. and i am very vocal about it. I am unanimous in that! [8D]So what ya want to knowed that i ain't put on ya son! Spit it out lets learn sumpin.[:-]
Old 07-30-2006, 01:18 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I use dacron flemish. I dryfired once about 12 years ago(don't quote me). It was freaking loud. Just about put a load in my pants over that! The limbs are carved.
I think there are more than 5 of us and that the others are lurkers! LOL.
As I said earlier I kinda think that Excal is not making them available any more according to my dealer. I'm sure that for a moderate price a dacron flemish string can be made.
As far as quiet goes its mostly for me but then again if I miss then maybe a deer 50 yards in may still come out, but thats just a maybe.

Old 07-30-2006, 02:18 PM
Typical Buck

D. Miller is or sells a an endless dacron string and a flemish twist dacron string, which I thought he said was the same as the FFF but I could have herd him wrong, I wish they all called the strings by the same name would tace some of the confusion out picture..
Old 07-30-2006, 02:24 PM
Typical Buck

here is how D. Miller has his strings listed I am sure Dan can give so insight into the different ones and explain better ..

Endless Dacron Crossbow String
Endless Excel Crossbow String
Flemish Twist Dacron Crossbow String
Flemish Twist Dyna Flight Crossbow String

thats right off of his invoice sheet..

Old 07-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: htoler

D. Miller is or sells a an endless dacron string and a flemish twist dacron string, which I thought he said was the same as the FFF but I could have herd him wrong, I wish they all called the strings by the same name would tace some of the confusion out picture..
Henry, fast flight and dacron are two separate/different things. FF or fastflight has no give at all, hence it is not forgiving in the event of a dry fire. If you dry fire your excal with a ff string the limbs on a heavy draw bow will certainly be damaged. You have less of a possibility of damaged limbs with dacron especially with the lower draw bows. Yet another advantage of the lower powered bows. For deer hunting there is no need for more power than a vixen and no reason to use fast flight. The standard string for excals is now dacron
Old 07-30-2006, 02:42 PM
Typical Buck

I may never understand this string stuff,, the strings I got from him were 2 flemish twist dyna flight strings, which he explained to me as being the slowest but easiest on the limbs,, and he sent me a a flemish twist dacron which I thought he said was the FFF I must have misunderstood him,, now the strings colors do not match what dan explained eirlier the one might the one flemish twist dacron is silver/grey and black and the other flemish twist dyna flights are brown and black.. Iknow color does not help a lot as the material they get can come in many colors..
Old 07-30-2006, 03:19 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Whats not to understand Henry? Post your question and I'll try to answer it. You can also do a search at the Excal forum. I have posted and PMed(I think) you about this. Do a search at the Excal forum and AT. I did a search and found the link below. If this doesn't help post away until you are clear. When you are asking info its better that you post because I may missunderstand and another may explain it better or understand it better. Either was please read, search and read and post if there are anymore questions.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14083&highlight=types+strings

Quick Reply: ExCal Users Which String do you use??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.