Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Cable Slides??

Old 07-20-2006, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Cable Slides??

Hoping one of you wheel guys can undumb a newbie lol. What are the above, and where do they/it go on the bow? Thanks!!
Old 07-20-2006, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cable Slides??

well i'm guessing that they go on cables, and slide around?[8D]idk dan, wait till the hog comes, he'll find it
Old 07-20-2006, 01:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Sims Compound Bow Cable Slide : Keystone Country Store
Old 07-20-2006, 02:52 PM
Typical Buck

ok that shows what it looks like Reb,, but where does it go and what does it do ?? I have somthing similar to that on my tenpoint it mounts under the rial and is calles a cable saver, not sure if this deos the same thing or not..

Old 07-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: htoler

ok that shows what it looks like Reb,, but where does it go and what does it do ?? I have somthing similar to that on my tenpoint it mounts under the rial and is calles a cable saver, not sure if this deos the same thing or not..
Description

WhiteTeflon cable slide by Sims Laboratories for your compound reduces cable wear with the least amount of friction with no loss of arrow speed. Eliminates chatter from awet cable guard. Weighs 9.6 grams. Size .50" X.75" X1.00"
Old 07-20-2006, 04:21 PM
Typical Buck

ok so it is basically the same as what I have on my Crossbow that one is for compounds ok thans no longer lost..
Old 07-20-2006, 07:07 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Hoping one of you wheel guys can undumb a newbie lol. What are the above, and where do they/it go on the bow? Thanks!!
There is a cable slide/guide on your new crossbow????
Old 07-20-2006, 07:23 PM

the cable slide snaps on to your cables and slides in the slot under your rail. it protects the string from becoming frayed while sliding forward and backwards in the slot.
"dw"
Old 07-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks ya'll!! Should be getting this puppy early next week and will let ya know how it shoots.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:38 AM
Fork Horn

Awshucks,
Htoler is correct. Your cables are under tension and trying to pull "up". The cble saver or cable slide keeps the cables seperates and from rubbing the underside of the barrel. Some crossbows have them and some do not. It depends on the design and the material the barrel is made of as well as the material of the cable. You will get instructions of where and how to install the cable slide/saver.
Randy

Quick Reply: Cable Slides??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.