Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Shot a hog w/ xbow today

Old 07-04-2006, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shot a hog w/ xbow today

Got a call this a.m. from my friend Tom that runs the animal re-hab deal up at the state park. Someone had donated a 50-60 lb hog for his mntn lion and bobcats. the darn thing got loose, and he can't legally fire a gun up there, so he asked me to bring the crossbow up, which I did. No photo's or bragging on this one guiys, pretty much just doing a favor and a little performance checking. I put a slick trick thru it at 20 yds, dbl lunger, the hog flinched at the shot, and walked about 10 ft bleeding profusely outta both holes and dropped dead. Honestly don't think he even knew he had been hit. used the Phoenix btw, and while I don't think the hog was one of our ferals, he certainly wasn't cooperating, as it took awhile to set up a decent shot. I am more than a little impressed w/ slick tricks, most of my other game was taken w/ 3blade muzzys.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shot a hog w/ xbow today

So you used those slick trick 100's and how does it compare to the Muzzy's? as good ? better ? what informed hedge hogs want to know?[][:-][8D][&:]
Old 07-05-2006, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Smoke: I went w/ the slicks because they shot better for me, closer to field points, and better groups. I'll take accuracy and confidence over anything else, and these have a reputation for great performance. Without getting too graphic here, this went REAL quick. I'm looking forward to similar results on deer. These were 4 blade 100 gr. on a GT LII total weight 442 gr. I got some "tarted up" shafts w/ orange wrap and fletch for hunting, hence the extra 10 gr [wrap] from my as you know, beloved D. Miller 431 gr.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:18 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Well, all I can say it..... I'm friggen jealous!!!![&:][>:][][&o][:@]
Old 07-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

WAY TO GO, DANO! CONGRATULATIONS. HOPE TO HEAR OR READ MORE ABOUT IT.