Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Barnett Crossbow decision

Old 06-29-2006, 05:25 PM

Default Barnett Crossbow decision

I am strongly considering buying a Barnett crossbow, and am hoping someone can help me figure out the differences because there are a lot of similarities between models.
The Revolution XS, Revolution, and Quad 400 are pretty similar in lbs, fps, and size. The Revolutions are are adjustable, and the Quad 400 is not, but it is less money. What am I missing that I need to consider? Thanks! -JerryC, new guy
Old 06-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Barnett Crossbow decision

Jerry,,,,, I'm afraid it's your decision. I have two Barnett Quad 300's and am very happy with them. I found I even liked them better last year when I took off the quiver and went to a hip quiver. My 300 will sent an alunium bolt at 337.5 FPS. I haven't fired a carbon through the chronograph yet but I think it's faster. The important thing is how it fits you. Then get all the practice you can and make sure part of it is from your treestand if you are going to use one.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:00 PM
Spike

I have had a Barnett Crossbow for 12 years never a problem, I have changed the string twice.I do the red dot for the eyes, works perfect every year.
Shoot the early model VORTEX 125 tips, they are the best they open up to 1 3/4", It's a dead anything I want to eat @ 30 yards.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just why do you want to get a Bow with training wheels? Those cables represent the chain. So you haven't tried shooting the Excalibur Bows?
Old 06-30-2006, 08:08 AM

A friend has a barnet rev. and he seams to be happy with it, kills deer every year.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:06 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Smokepolehall you get them with wheels cause its fun to learn how to ride again.I vote for revolution have one and like it. Rich
Old 06-30-2006, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

You ain't one of them old geezers are ya? I am gonna watch this deal go down!
Old 06-30-2006, 02:58 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Smokepoll geezer no! Vintage yes. Rich
Old 06-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Old 07-03-2006, 08:52 AM

I have a Barrnett quad 300 , been upgraded to the 400,(they put all new cams and string and limbs on them,)as does my wife. we both shoot Spit fire heads with great results.

Barnett has a great warrenity,you have problem,call and send it to them and it's fixed. no problem, no cost.there are better out there I'm sure;I just haven't found one yet.more money doesn't always mean better.just they want to make more profit.
JMHO.[8D]

Quick Reply: Barnett Crossbow decision

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.