Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Barnett Crossbow decision

Old 07-03-2006, 09:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Barnett Crossbow decision

ORIGINAL: Tree climber

I have a Barrnett quad 300 , been upgraded to the 400,(they put all new cams and string and limbs on them,)as does my wife. we both shoot Spit fire heads with great results.

Barnett has a great warrenity,you have problem,call and send it to them and it's fixed. no problem, no cost.there are better out there I'm sure;I just haven't found one yet.more money doesn't always mean better.just they want to make more profit.
JMHO.[8D]
TC, you don't know how many times I have come close to buying one. They are just 9 miles fromme.

The reason I have not bought one is because the X-Cal is so easy to change the string in the field if you had to and don't have to worry about wheel tuning.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

RWK i ain't never fergot how to ride a bike!I guess my monicker ought to be maytag,i just agitate! Y'all don't even try and tell me its cheaper than an Excal Vixen! It comes with the same 3lb. pull trigger as the rest. You can put dissapater pads and all on it. Oh well somefolks jus like wheels![:'(][][&o][:-][8D]
Old 07-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had one Barrnet,then I got a Horton,then I got a 10 point now I am happy been shooting my ten point since two years befor they changed the name, upgraded once to new limbs [more pounds] I hope the new ones are as good as mine. Lee
Old 07-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, here's my .02 cents worth. R hog is 9 miles from Barnetts facility, I'm 80 miles from nowhere. I just read today on another forum a guy w/ a
'brand name" xbow got 24 shots before his cables broke. Another faithful fan of same mfg said not to worry, they fixed his same/similar problem in no time. The mfg. rep posted just call the office Wed for return auth number or whatever. You guys that are close to dealers, mfgrs, pro-shops have luxuries that we in the sticks folk don't have!! Well, if ya can stand the extra few inches of width w/ Excals, ya can fix yer own problems!! Plus, they are about 2 lbs lighter than compounds and all have the same 3-4 lb trigger Smokepole keeps raving about. There's another little known fact about Xcals, less than 4 out of 1000 ever need warranty work!! Just troll all the xbow forums, all mfgrs. have great customer service reports, but you will notice an absence of Excal problems and solutions!! I read alot about Horton's great service, Barnetts great service, 10 pts great service, but nothing about Excals. Hmmm! Makes ya think some, don't it???
Old 07-03-2006, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

AWSHUCKS sic'em!
Old 07-04-2006, 06:00 AM

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: Tree climber

I have a Barrnett quad 300 , been upgraded to the 400,(they put all new cams and string and limbs on them,)as does my wife. we both shoot Spit fire heads with great results.

Barnett has a great warrenity,you have problem,call and send it to them and it's fixed. no problem, no cost.there are better out there I'm sure;I just haven't found one yet.more money doesn't always mean better.just they want to make more profit.
JMHO.[8D]
TC, you don't know how many times I have come close to buying one. They are just 9 miles fromme.

The reason I have not bought one is because the X-Cal is so easy to change the string in the field if you had to and don't have to worry about wheel tuning.

Reb; same with my Barrnett , just put a little tention on the old one (that is , unless it is broke) kook the new, let off the old and put tention on the new and remove the old.

don't know bout your Xcal. I have heard some good things about them also. as they say,"If IT Ain't Broke , Then Don't Fix It". it's like guns,it depends on what you like and have confidents in.

BTW; good luck this season.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:16 PM

Well thanks to all for the input here and in PM's. I bought an Excalibur Phoenix and got the Vari Scope package. My local archery shop special ordered the Phoenix for me at a very competitive price, plus when I picked it up, he had already put it together. I know they're not difficult, I just thought it was a nice touch. Again, thanks, and don't forget to come by for backstraps in September! -JerryC
Old 07-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

JerryC: Good for you!! Let us know what you think of that lil sweetheart!!
Old 07-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Waahhooooo another Excal man has joined the ranks, ya knowed that just makes ya feel good all under.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got the same set up a couple of months ago and the thing isslicker than snot on glass.Pretty cool slapping the first arrow in the bull at 20 yds and the thing does not seem to care what kind of 100gr. broadheads I feed it. It likes them all just fine at 30. Plus I can fly on the back of it over to your house for back straps in a couple of months. Smokeand Awshucks will be in touch with you to explain the Excalibur owners oath and to teach you the secret handshake. lol. >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>Whack

Quick Reply: Barnett Crossbow decision

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.