Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Fixed vs Mechanical broadheads

Old 06-27-2006, 03:51 PM

Default RE: Fixed vs Mechanical broadheads

ORIGINAL: jaygail7

BBO, there are devices that shoot well over 450fps, how about a 16ins 2512 xx75 going over 600fps, I will leave it up to you to look up said device.....We do not need to advertise on this forum for the x-bow haters that look on these forums for any extra ammo to use against us.....
I did not but this up here for the "haters" it is just my opinion I did the tast in my backyard for me, just wanted to share it.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:09 PM

BBO, You mis-understood me, I did not mean you.What I meant was I did not want the x-bow haters to see us discussing any other devices other than x-bows so they could have more fuel for the fire.....Like printing a page from this forum.......They already have a fit when we discuss 350fps could you imagine if they thought we were reaching speeds of over 600fps with x-bows............
Old 06-27-2006, 04:17 PM

ORIGINAL: jaygail7

BBO, You mis-understood me, I did not mean you.What I meant was I did not want the x-bow haters to see us discussing any other devices other than x-bows so they could have more fuel for the fire.....Like printing a page from this forum.......They already have a fit when we discuss 350fps could you imagine if they thought we were reaching speeds of over 600fps with x-bows............
Ok I did miss understood you,Thats my bad I'm sorry.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah, this is true, we don't need more ammo for dem Xbow haters. LOL. Sorry, I did think you meant you had something that shot 450pfs that you hunted with. WOW. Can you imagine? Xbow haters probably don't use the inline smokeless blackpowder rifles with 4x12 scopes and shotgun primers and thumb hole stocks and teflon drilled barrels and insect repellant gun slings and double dipping ram rods with T handles and, oh,you know those little things dem boys use. LOL But they don't want us using anything that's really fast or easy! Heaven forbid! The Xbow devils that we are.
BBO
Old 06-27-2006, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

The 100 gr. Rocket Steelheads are a great blade. Havezipped a few thru our brown furry friends with the compound.They fly like they were made for the Pheonix. My biggest complaint is I like to shoot alot of broadheads and they don't give you enough bands. My kid is up to my pinching the rubber bands for his braces but heck, I pay for them. One of my biggest reasons for continued use of theSteelheads is I have a dozen unused ones. If I did not, I would be using Plucketts Bloodtrailers. ( If they even still make them). I gotta guess however that even the cheapest Wally World broadhead will do the job inside of30 yds if you do yours. It is not really what you whack them with, but where. Rock On...
Old 06-27-2006, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi Ya'll I've been talkin w/ Jay via pm's. He's is either a current dealer or past one, ain't quite sure which. I know what he's talkin about, and want to ask ya'll a little favor; let this one rest. I'll be glad to get into it w/ ya'll via pm's. We need to keep in mind the WHOLE world is reading this stuff. Straight arrows to ya'll, Dan/awshucks
Old 06-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Dan this is getting a bit goofy but ok, I'm betting when talking about speeds we are not talking about conventional xbows. Check your pm Dan.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:23 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Planter have you ever tried o rings from an automotive store?
Old 06-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm semi-disabled and that gives me the opportunity to spend alot of time on the ole puter. I'm a big pro-crossbow advocate, use the same screen name every where. It's amazing to me how the anti faction trolls all the forums looking for ammo to fuel their side of the great debate. And, somehow this thread got to where we are not talking about conventional xbows and imho, we need to get back there. Straight arrows to all!!