Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

hip quivers

Old 06-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default hip quivers

Any one here hunt with a hip quiver? If so what are your thoughts?
Old 06-26-2006, 10:05 AM

Default RE: hip quivers

Hi

I Like hip Quivers as bow quivers change the weight of your bow with every bolt you shoot. Beside hip quivers just look plain cooler

Regards
Barron

Old 06-26-2006, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never tried a hip quiver because [a] I'm pretty clumsy [b] Like to be able to see where my broadheads are at. I was carrying my Emax w/ stock Excal quiver that goes under the bow slung on my back, and had a broadhead come looseand cut my shirt. Never did like that under the bow mount. That's a good point Barron about changing the weight w/ amount of arrows in it. I usually take mine off when in stand or blind. For you excal guys, that over the top one that D. Miller sells is great. I've got the stock Excal set-up, would give it away for shipping cost if anyone wants one.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:18 AM

I use my regular quiver but I have it attached to a little water proof fanny pack that I clip on my belt loop....safe / secure and makes for fast put on / take off. I have my rope cocker, candy, smokes, deer drag, knife in the little pouch.....nice set up.
BOB
Old 06-26-2006, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a Vista Rustler hip quiver that alum. and carbon arrows both fit.[8D]
Old 06-26-2006, 02:22 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

but do the arrows catch on stuff while you're walking in the brush?
Old 06-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sure will if you get into thick stuff and trying to break a trail. I tend to stay on trails or paths best i can. I try to bring my hand pruner and snip stuff regular as i walk by.[][:-][8D]
Old 06-27-2006, 11:34 AM

I like a hip quiver for the crossbow. Gets too heavy for me to carry one attached to the crossbow all day ( I usually still hunt). I converted an old bow quiver into a hip quiver by attaching a piece of rawhide from the first elk I shot with a bow. It hangs straight down and is tight to my hip so the arrows/ bolts are horizontal in the quiver. That seems to work better at not being a flag waving around for animals to seeand it doesn't seem to catch on brush as easily. The fletching is facing back and the hood is foreward on mine.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:31 PM
Typical Buck

I went to the hardware and bought a cheap money clip. I drilled a small hole in it and also in my Xbow quiver and attached it to the bow quiver with a small screw and nut. I then slip the clip onto my belt and the quiver becomes a hip quiver. Easy Pessy, Japaneasy! LOL.
BBO
Old 06-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

Dnk,,,,, I went to a hip quiver last Fall and found it made my Barnett Quad 300 handle better. I just hang my hip quiver on a hook above my stand when I'm in it. Wish I'd gone to one sooner.

Quick Reply: hip quivers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.