Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

New Crossbow

Old 06-22-2006, 12:56 PM

Default New Crossbow

Have any of you guys and gals seen that new crossbow by the Swiss company(might figure,since "Bill" Tell was Swiss) that uses 8wheels instead the typical 2wheel compound...That must be a compound nightmare!!! They claim speeds approching or exceeding 400fps with an 8in stroke. have been looking for the mag that I seen it in to see if they had a website we could look at, can not seem to find it....Maybe we can get up a collection and buy Smoke a new bow, we all know how fond he is of the compound x-bows?????????????????????????????
Old 06-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Crossbow

Go to the Excal forum and you will find a thread on it.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:42 PM
Typical Buck

Ther crossbow you are talking about is the Newberry Crossfife.. its a strange looking thing ..
Old 06-22-2006, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe the bow you're talking about is called the "SwissBow", works on some kind of reverse principle. Last I looked on AT they were still waiting for pics of Newberry Crossfire, the maker had sent proto type off for a stock or something. I've also read some bad things about the company making SwissBows, failure to deliver and unanswered emails ect. Honestly don't know if issues were resolved or not. Soon as Reb Hog gets done skydiving or bungie jumping or whatever his latest thriller is, I'm sure we'll see pictures of this lil beast. I for one would not want to be near it when it was shot.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hopped over to AT to check, last post on Newberry Crossfire was June 18th, no pictures yet. The name of this thing is "Twin Bow II" There was a statement made "It's not whether it will shoot well, [it does] but rather how long will it shoot well?" It's supposed to be quiet and gets 370 fps.[edited wrong addy out]
Old 06-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: htoler

Ther crossbow you are talking about is the Newberry Crossfife.. its a strange looking thing ..
You saw one? We've been asking for a pic of it on another forum for a month now. I think they'll have proof Bigfoot is real before the pic is out.

The Swissbow....... there are some negative posts on service, parts and all floating around one of the forums. I think until they get some issues worked out I would pass on that baby. I hear it's around $1500 or so just for the bow.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:35 PM
Fork Horn

COuldnt get that link to work. Heres another one with a picture. http://archery-experts.stores.yahoo.net/swcriicr.html The thing looks like junk to me.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

[img]http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/archery-experts_1901_195063167" width=260 align=left border=0>

Old 06-23-2006, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Google comes up with the Twinbow and Pics. Not any stranger looking than some of the compounds they are coming up with. It does seem like odd sells...Rock on
Old 06-23-2006, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah. It has a five shot removable Magazine with a muzzle velocity of a rocket. Zeroed at 50 yards only gives you a 3" drop at 100 yards. Not sure the bow monkey at the pro shop would know which end was up.. Why don't you call him what you called him to his face....

Quick Reply: New Crossbow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.