Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Un-shoot

Old 06-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default Un-shoot

I got an important question. I never saw this before so I'm asking now. How long can you leave your Xbow cocked, locked, and ready to rock? I mean, you hunt Friday afternoon, see no shooter, but you're going hunting in the morning. Can you leave your Xbow cocked overnight and go in the morning, then see nothing, huntSaturday afternoonand un-shoot? (shoot into the ground)All my hunting is from a locked tower box stand on private land belonging to my in-laws and I don't like un-shooting my xbow with a bolt with a field point in it as it is illagal to evenhave a field point in the quiver in Sept. in N.C. until squarrell season begins, so what to do. Shoot, or un-shoot? Oh, and it is a Ten Point Crossbow.
BBO
Old 06-21-2006, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Un-shoot

Personally i wouldn't leave it cocked all night, it maynot hurt it. Of couse being a 10 pt. it should be covered under their warranty.[]
Old 06-21-2006, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

BBO: I uncock mine. The Phoenix is easy using the rope cocker, the Emax a little tougher, but can be done w/ alot of care. I got nada but rocks here, so shooting an old bolt into the ground is not an option. How do you cock yer 10 pt? Does it have the grip safety and dry-fire inhibitor?
If so, you will run outta hands lol. I used to carry a target in the truck just to shoot the Emax into.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:21 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I would always decock mine but if I had to guess I would guess that a week would be no harm on my Excals.
Why do you ask Buddy?
Old 06-21-2006, 08:40 PM
Fork Horn

He must have seen that story about the guy that shot his wife with an xbow in a plastic bag. His claim now mind you. "It was loaded and I threw it across the garage and it went off" hitting wifey ( for the second time - he had an "accident" a few months ago with it too ). Well the forensics guy loaded it, beat it senseless with a rubber mallet and it didn't misfire one time. He is now wearing hunter orange for his new wife - err........... partner for life that is! LOL Story didn't do well in court. Oh........ his jailhouse nick is "Cupid" ! LOL
http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story.cfm?story=105675&ran=141448
Old 06-23-2006, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

No field tips until squirrel season. Sounds a bit bizarre. Goota love those fish and game rule makers. Its legal here in the land of the liberals to shoot your muzzle loader at the end of the day. so many silly laws of zero substance.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Follow your manufacturer's reccomendation to the letter , I've never seen one reccomend that you leave it cocked for much longer than about 4-6 hours personally . Neither of mine do .
Old 06-23-2006, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

just hold the string with one hand and pull the trigger with the other, let the string down slowly and your good to go! it's what i do. not all that hard really. i just turned 13 yesterday and i can do that! just try it once maby with the wifey there to pull the trigger while you hold it with 2 hands to get the feel of it. i can just grab the string pull the trigger and let it down slow. pretty simply students
Old 06-23-2006, 03:50 PM

ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

just hold the string with one hand and pull the trigger with the other, let the string down slowly and your good to go! it's what i do. not all that hard really. i just turned 13 yesterday and i can do that! just try it once maby with the wifey there to pull the trigger while you hold it with 2 hands to get the feel of it. i can just grab the string pull the trigger and let it down slow. pretty simply students
Not that simple if you have a parker cross bow thay have a anti-dry fire mechanism so you have to shoot it into something.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't know why anyone would call you squirrel? Should be moose, grab a string one handed andpullthe trigger. not me! I like my fingers and arm joints![:-][][&o]

Quick Reply: Un-shoot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.