Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

? about my Horton .

Old 06-18-2006, 10:00 PM

Default ? about my Horton .

I was thinking of drilling some holes in the stock of my 150lb Horton . It seems to me , if I stay away from the thicker portions of the stock ,, I'll be fine . The purpose would be to make it a little lighter . Have any of you done this ? The butt-stock could be totally skelatonized . It's more of the fore-arm area that I had a second thought about . Thanks .
Old 06-18-2006, 10:42 PM

Default RE: ? about my Horton .

I think I can remember an old horton that used to have a "skelatonized" stock. But as far as the other end I dont know, from the trigger area forward is holding back alot of force soI would not risk it. Also just thought that if you did cut out alot of weight in the butt stock area you could make the bow harder to shoot by affecting its balance.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

the horton steelforce is skeletonized and its a recurve 150 also. you should be ok to do it but i'm not so sure why you would want to, mine isnt that heavy to begin with

Old 06-19-2006, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gather them all up and put them on the fire! Then cook hotdogs.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:43 PM

I prefer "brats" . I'm not sure if the crossbow is heavier than my firearms ,, but it sure feels that way . I say that ,, and I don't even have a quiver or a magnifying scope on it (red dot). I keep my "other" bolt in my pocket . If I only take weight away from the butt end of the stock ,, then I make it that much more front heavy(no good). Maybe I bought the wrong crossbow ? I'd feel better with a metal stock anyway . Live and learn .
Old 06-20-2006, 03:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Brats are great! My xbow weighs abit over 6lbs. and it is light in the butt. It seems to easy to control it, it feels natural. Just enough forward weight that it doesn't try to circle whileshooting offhand![8D]
Old 06-20-2006, 07:11 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

If anything I think the Excals are a bit light but at least that allows to add weight where you want, not that I have.
Mike, you're brutal! LOL
Old 06-20-2006, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well Don i hate to see all the mistakes some of consumers on this forum make. Like not getting the best crossbow made! I won't say the brand name, i lied! EXCALIBUR! EXCALIBUR! EXCALIBUR![][8D]
Old 06-20-2006, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

I dont agree and will leave it at that I have shot Exclas and chose a different brand,, just goes to show their is no one crossbow that is right for everyone
Old 06-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey i am glad that you disagree and yer xbow is right fer you. I be's messing wid folks. Thats what i do, spect i have done aggrivated some here and there but all in good fun! Stand by yer Bow a 10 pt. is it! They be ok if you must have a compound, i didn't like the trigger pull. Way too heavy fer me. Just right fer you.

Quick Reply: ? about my Horton .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.