Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

How to figure down range velocity and energy??

Old 06-23-2006, 03:27 PM

Default RE: How to figure down range velocity and energy??

Smoke.....How many times have I got to tell you I have 2.5 Excals...instead of all that bologna(the only bologna I eat is made from the deer I kill) and you can not eat all that hair you keep cutting of your deer( it gets stuck in your teeth, we will not go any further with that one). Do people in your neck of the woods still have any teeth??????? Have you ever thought about signing up for the HUNTERS FEEDING THE POOR??????????????? Maybe I can sell you some of my very very very used carbons, they will still be straighter than Dnk's brand new alums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2006, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

WHOA! news flash this just came in over the xbow wire, a rule the i didn't knowed about on the fat a$$ed fur ball hunt. Being chased by worn out old hog and coon dogs and pompus old windbagged geezers being held on pluto! after a 30 minute head start all the young hunters may join in and 1st. place goes to the one who bags the pompus geezer! The prize is a new Excalibur Vixen![8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]
Old 06-23-2006, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey the one y'all be called quail7, we has false teeth. Real ones were knocked out in Bar brawls. Were fighting fer the deer meat and cold longnecks! So yur the fella that has got 2 1/2 xbows that be shooting them there carbon tooth picks. Son you gotstid to getreal here, ain't know self respecting he coon gonna let ya kill him with those stealth fighters! I have to admitt i be curious about that there half a xbow, will it shoot ? How in the He11 do ya shoot such a thang? We is the poor don't got to sign just be inline and whine alot! Really ya got to be a joshing me about using them there carbon fishing arrows on deer![][8D]
Old 06-23-2006, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now y'all have to bare wid me cause my Mrs. told me after reading some of these here posts, tell ya i be ignorant and somewhat unlearned. That i mean know harm to anyone. I like to read and talk about hunting deer wid a xbow. I am waiting til that nanny brings her wee one to the salt lick. Then i can get this years 1st veal meat! Them old Bucks is too hard to chew![][:-][:-]
Old 06-23-2006, 03:53 PM

How dumb of me to forget, I forgot that you poooooor hillbills never seen one of those stealth fighters.......And as far as signing up to receive some other productive hunters deer could they not let you put your XXXX on the line??????????????
Old 06-23-2006, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey thats a winner, my Mrs. can read and write she can sign. SONNN you had best sent them Excal's down here to me. Best time to hunt be in the mornings before it gits to hot. If that happens i will sweat dragging the deer to my house. Those Excal's are just what granny ordered, cept i didn't knowed they made a half one. It maybe too refined fer me you can keep it as you be needing one yerself![8D]
Old 06-24-2006, 03:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm thinking Smoke needs to get out of the cabin or stop eating so much road kill.At least he has enough left to know the Pheonix is the finest bow north or south of the Mason/Dixon. I've been getting 3 inch groups at 30 yards with chunks of broomstick. Straight arrows/bolts to yah.
Old 06-24-2006, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its good to knowed some folks use the best as in Excalibur! I be jus messing wid folks abit. I do want them to know the accuracy is there fer the taking and you can have it fer as little as $315 fer xbow Vixen! You jus hav to love it![][:-]Can't be beat[&o]but you can spend $1000 and more to try![][:-][&o][8D]
Old 06-25-2006, 08:34 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Just got back from the cottage at the lake. I'm with Mike, the Vixen and aluninum arrows is like meat and potatoes. I have an old Exocet but I really like my Vixen. Heck, the Vixen is the most likely Excal xbow to be seen on a 3D Tournement. Some one tell me what difference I'll see in carbons. Like I said earlier, I have carbons as well but I cannot see any difference. They both shoot minute of death on whitetails and they both shouldn't be used on the same target dot. I see no difference between my XX78's and my Axis or my CX Maximas or my Light Speeds other than if I am dumb enough to shoot the same dots and dent and arrow. Oh yes you're right! I have no fear of shooting my aluninum arrows because they won't do this!

Old 06-25-2006, 09:31 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

And further more, LOL, Dan I am not a carbon hater. Thats all I have for my compounds and I have more carbons than alunuinums for my xbows. I just don't think they are any better.

Quick Reply: How to figure down range velocity and energy??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.