Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

How to figure down range velocity and energy??

Old 06-23-2006, 10:04 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How to figure down range velocity and energy??

You make it sound like carbons are all straigher and most of them are not. Most of the fancy shafts like the axis are .005 and the lowly/commom alu shafts are .002 and the cabons cost twice or more. The XX78 is not Eastons finest or straightest either. Some how you think .005 is better than .002. The shafts that you are talking about are not commonly available everywhere. Besides couple of thou isn't going to make a pinch of coon's you know what difference. The biggest difference in a lot of "better" equipment makes is confidence. If you make a living from this stuff then you know that better than I do. Carbons are a marketing tool. A cheaper alu will kill just as well as a carbon. Like I said earlier I have both and more carbons now than alu. I have nothing against them whatsoever and I am not going to tell myself I will harvest more game with them. Sure if I were to shoot a 3D then for many reasons I would use carbons, hands down. I would hate to be aquainted with anyone that needs carbons to make a kill that an aluninum shaft wouldn't do because he would be an alien from Pluto.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well folks i be a poor Tn. hillbilly and what i want is not always what i can afford. [&o]Like most of you i have a taste fer ribeye steak, but a bologna is what i can afford after payday. [:-]After that its cereal or grits or mac-n-cheese! [&o]So i use alum. xx75 and not those ebay special xbow arrows! []I buy xx75 orange or camo regular shafts and cut them down on both ends fer my xbow arrows. [:-][8D].003 i think is right runout on them and thats plenty good out to 40 yds.I spect its like being hit by a mack truck with those 2219's!Y'all just send all that excess chump change down here and i will do a makeover on most of my xbow hunting needs! [8D]
Old 06-23-2006, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Dnk: Ya think Excal's got a distibutor on Pluto? LMAO
Old 06-23-2006, 02:44 PM

And what the he!! do they hunt there(pluto) Heard that it is cold there so I better bundle up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2006, 02:47 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

LOL, parka time! I wonder if they have seasons. I bet you can hunt at night that would be awsome.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ta Da i have come to highjack this thread! Only things to hunt on Pluto areold fat fur balls! Plus only those equipted with carbon arrows are allowed all others need not apply. You also must use worn out hog and coon dogs fer the hunt. Gee i almost fergot the main rule, only pompus old geezers may lead the hunt![8D][][&o][:-]
Old 06-23-2006, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shuckydarn that leaves me out , but heck i rather hunt deer anyway. I can't be quoted on this but a birdy or was it a Toad told me that most compound xbow shooters were pompus wind bags that pulled their own chain.[][&o]Glad i have a recurve![8D][:-] hahaha durn old has beens![][:-][:-]
Old 06-23-2006, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gee my last post should get me lots loving replies, come guys i knowed you have in you. Lets rocknroll! My alum.arrows can shoot rings around those carbon ones! Ya want me to go clockwise or counter? 10-20-30 or 40 yds. make it lite on yerself![:-][&:][8D]
Old 06-23-2006, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think all of us are going nuts waiting for Sept/Oct. I'm thinking about getting a 3-D deer and having one of my buddies go hide it in the timber for me LOL I've also got a real big, mean rooster I'm thinking about trying my Slick Tricks and Zwickey grapplers out on. I can't decide which bow to use or he would already be zoo food. I'm slowly getting back to 30-50 shots a day, but the darn target shrunk in all the rain we got.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I knowed that rain part is right. Left my deer 3-D outside, its an 8 pt. Buck. Got up this morning and it was a spotted fawn with nubs sticking up![][:-][8D]

Quick Reply: How to figure down range velocity and energy??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.