Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Want to tag along on a western crossbow hunt?

Old 06-14-2006, 12:41 PM

Default Want to tag along on a western crossbow hunt?

Just wanted to see if any of you guys are interested in tagging along on line with me while I hunt in Colorado with the crossbow. I've noticed that most of you are from the east so it might be a novelty to read what it's like to hunt in the Colorado RockyMountains. I have a buck tag good for private property from Oct. 1- Jan. 31 and trying to get a leftover tag for a cow elk. I will probably get a cow tag for Jan. 6- 17. I will also take every opportunity to chase small game along the way. My hunting usually takes place from 7'000-10'000 ft. in elevation. If you would like to get e-mail updates (I'll tryto send pictures witheach daily story), send me your e-mail address and I'll get a list started. Obviously, it's a while before the season starts but I maydo some pre-season scouting reports, etc. prior to October. Last year I got 42 days of hunting in (I know...just read "bad hunter" here), and it was always challenging and fun. I ended up taking a cow elk and 6 rabbits with the crossbow and took a doe mule deer with my rifle. My e-mail address is: [email protected]. Just put :"western crossbow hunt" in the topic line so I'll know it's not spam. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:28 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Want to tag along on a western crossbow hunt?

Been there, done that with a rifle, and am serverly jealous.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Want to tag along on a western crossbow hunt?

Best of luck,being financially embarassed this year. I will have to wait on yer reports to come in. I am envious and really want to go, maybe several of us could plan a trip next or following year.