Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

new york

Old 06-02-2006, 12:30 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Default new york

Looks like our politicians, are doing it again, there not going to pass the crossbow bill. This sucks to the highest degree. Rich K,
Old 06-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new york

I am sorry to hear that, i would let each pollitical skunk know how i felt that didn't vote fer it. Vote another bum in.[:-]
Old 06-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

http://www.recordonline.com/archive/2005/09/06/dirks06.htm

Here's why. They're really wound up on it. Had one come over to another forum and post anti comments about a xbow article in a magazine. Now I know why so many leave NY to come down here to live.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMO part of the problem getting xbows in NYS is the low ratio of deer to deer bow hunter, which is around 4.7 to 1.

You folks in NYS have a rough row to hoe when they don't even allow them for disabled. I don't call blowing a tube/trigger "allowed" btw.

If you are a member of the ACF and get the HBM magazine, you are aware of the efforts of some to further your cause. If not, you might want to consider joining, you get alot of twang for the buck. Good luck to ya'll
Old 06-03-2006, 10:25 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

We have a big problem with a guy named Kevin Armstrong,that heads the NYBowhunter Assoc. In my eyes he is a blind SOB that can't see when people get old or hurt we can't use the bows we've been hunting with for years. When groups use their money to influence goverment the little guy alwayslooses. There are a bunch of people out there that are busted up but do not fit into NY idea of handicapped for xbows that would still like to hunt. Its a shame that I have to travel to other states to hunt after paying the highest taxes in the NATION after hunting with a bow since 1959. Rich K.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

That sucks!
Old 06-03-2006, 10:45 PM
Fork Horn

How ironic, we have numerous groups trying their best to stop our sport and then we have those within our group that want what little we have all to themselves.