Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Pics of/from your stand

Old 05-26-2006, 08:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Pics of/from your stand

And the last one

Old 05-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Typical Buck

It's made from treated 4X4 post 16 feet longwith 1X2 lateral bracing. The box is 42 inches square and the front is 7 feet tall down to 6 foot at rear. It has wall to wall carpeting, a small propane heater, some shelving for hunting stuff, a magizine rack, a uranial system and a swivel rocker with an arm rest. The window openings are hinged with deer hide so they won't squeak! I also have plexaglass coverings for windows when it gets really cold. I have put 3/16th steel cable as guilde wireson three sides this spring just to insure of it not blowing over during the summer storms.
Oh well, it's crude but it's the best I could build for $300 bucks. And to think, I used to hunt outta a lockon stand for years. I have burnt that stand.
BBO
Old 05-26-2006, 09:06 PM

BuddyBO, I too had the same problem of posting multipul pics in the same post. If you want to do it I think you have to use a web site that huntingnet recomends called photobucket.com Its easy to create an account and download the pics to their site. After you have put your pics on there site under the pic it will show three addresses you need to click on the top one called URL and right click on it and copy it. Then when you are making a post on here on the far right of the tool bar there is a little yellow pic of a mountain called ADD IMAGE, click on it and paste the URLfile namein it then click ok. After the image shows up just put the curser at the bottom of the image and hit enter to go to the next line and add more. Hope this helps. Also as you can see by my post I have not got the pic sizing down yet so no help there.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:07 PM

Also almost forgot, nice stand! theres nothing wrong with homemade! Mine is made out of scrap angle iron from work, FREE!
Old 05-27-2006, 06:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Hotburn: Nice pics!! Gotta say though, looks like you're hunting on a pool table!! Haven't seen that much flat land in 4 years!
All of Northwest Ohio is flat, flat, flat. I live about 45 minutes north of Findlay where Hotburn is.
Hey Doegirl75, Are you from the Toledo area?
Close enough, western Ottawa County...
Old 05-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Travling Stand, Swivel seat and CB radio, when it rains real hard, I climb down and stay dry. It also gives me a 360* rifle or CB rest.,

Old 05-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Old 05-27-2006, 08:47 PM

Now thats just cool!! I like that!
Old 05-28-2006, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Guys and Gals.. What are to GPS cordinates on your stands and when won't you be using them?? I live in MA.. about a 6% success rate for deer. I gotta start with the old brown its down theory and worry about horns for for my second tag. Rock On...
Old 05-28-2006, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well now its a long way to come and non-resident lic. ain't cheap. I will put you in one of mine, saw 7 Bucks 33 Does last year. I took 1 doe and 2 Bucks, allowed 11 deer 8 Does and 3 Bucks! Who wants to clean that many?[8D]

Quick Reply: Pics of/from your stand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.