Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Ouch That hurts...

Old 05-22-2006, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ouch That hurts...

I should have heeded the warning about letting your thumb get in the way of the string. Boy that smarts. Live and learn.....Still looking for thumb. The shot was still comfortably in the kill zone ARG...
Old 05-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ouch That hurts...

Planter, you wouldn't have a pic of that for our viewing pleasure would you? LOL
Old 05-22-2006, 04:50 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Planter, you wouldn't have a pic of your thumb for our viewing pleasure would you???? LOL I hope your thumb will live and not be smacked again.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:23 PM

You only doit once! It least I hope so, my thumb was numb for a long time after that.!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope yer thumb makes a full recovery!Sorry that you got to feel the string kiss, its powerful![]If you learned it won't happen twice!
Old 05-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am sure I will do it again.. I am not that bright. I am however smart enough not to tell anybody about it next time.Now tell me what happens when I take a shot and the limb thumps a tree.. Is it just as exciting?
Old 05-23-2006, 04:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I spect someone with that experiance will have tell about what goes down. Being that you are shooting an Excalibur chances are it will survive and you too.[8D]
Old 05-23-2006, 08:47 AM
Fork Horn

As they say........http://sounds.wavcentral.com/televis/snl/farley_mark.mp3
Old 05-23-2006, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Planter: re the limb hitting a tree. If you shoot right handed and the left limb hits the tree, the xbow will attempt to launch itself to the right. Should the right limb be the one that hits the tree....... That sore thumb will be the least of your problems!!! Seriously, you do not want that to happen. Did you read the post by 10 pt about the guy that tore the stitches out of his thumb w/ string? And he got the stitches from doing it the first time! He should make the next issue of the DARWIN awards. I was at a 3-D shoot awhile back and had to take one shot squatted down to get clear of some trees and that changed my grip enough to trim my right thumb nail. Close call.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:15 AM
Typical Buck

Hope yput thumb recovers,, Thats why I like my TenPoint ProElite ,, with its secondary safty on the forarm. with it having to be depressed before the bow will shoot it keepd my thumb out of the path of the string..

Quick Reply: Ouch That hurts...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.