Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Crossbow Hunting Practice Challenge

Old 06-02-2006, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Crossbow Hunting Practice Challenge

I am changing strings every 3 days to see which i like the best,90 shots all good.[8D]
Old 06-13-2006, 03:37 PM

OK, new update on my running score: 744 shots with 7 misses. I finally got over 100 shots withouta miss. I went 156 without missing. Of those misses too, only 1 so far has been a big miss (I dropped my armdrastically) so for elk (myfavorite hunting target) only 1shot out of 744 would have failed tokill an elk. Just changed my serving again. This time it lasted 300 shots. Hey, doesn't anyone else want to try this challenge? Kinda lonely shootin' alone... anyone?
Old 06-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey i am still in it and have 180 shots taken.10 a day when i am able and any i miss(days) i catch soon as i get home. I have less than 4 months until deer season opens![8D]
Old 06-13-2006, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

grndhunter: I still wanna play, but boogered up my leg and spent 6 days in hospital sucking IV's of antibiotics, so since I couldn't shoot for a couple weeks before that, I'm probably gonna be getting some real lousy groups.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:11 PM

Cool. How you guys doing on hits/ misses for a 9" circle? Not that I want to WIN or anything...OK, I guess I do want to know how my shooting compares to other crossbow shooters. I've only shot with one other crossbow shooter. There's not a lot of people shooting crossbows here in Colorado and even fewer who hunt with one. You have to hunt during the rifle season here. It doesn't bother me because I have hunted rifle seasons successfully with my recurve vert. bow.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:17 PM

Wow, smokepole. I just reread your post saying you had 4 months until your season...I just counted and I have just 3 1/2 months before my buck tag starts burning a hole in my pocket. I guess it's coming faster than I had realized. I do get a nice long 4 months to fill that tag (yep, a long rifle private land tag)so I'm hoping I can control myself and wait for a nice big mule deer buck. Still waiting to see what I can get for a leftover elk tag, but I know it will be for a cow.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:22 PM

Smokepole, Sorry, I'm stupid. I read your post a long time ago but failed to catch the "90 shots, all good" part. I guess your winning so far. Keep it up. Grndhntr.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't look at it as winning just good practice, ihave 180 shots taken and none out of a 9" circle. I have changed strings 3 times to see which is the quietest. Have had several close calls on the 9" circle because of that. I have settled on my string, so i don't have to change string unless something bad happens.[8D]
Old 06-15-2006, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Smokepole: which one did you end up liking?
Old 06-15-2006, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK i will hijack this post fer a minute. Yer string was the quiet one, the exception is when i put the cat whiskers on the FFFlemish. Then it is abit quieter. The green and black flemish pulled thru on both ends, so there is the report folks.[]I know its abit incomplete because of the pulled thru string not getting over 30 shots on it. I'll send it to Dan Miller fer resplicing when i get my next order from him.[:-]

Quick Reply: Crossbow Hunting Practice Challenge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.