Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

My Horton is on the way .

Old 05-22-2006, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: My Horton is on the way .

Hey Dog,
DON"T put a nock on the string. That would be like putting a 22 rnd on each side of the string. String leeches hurt bad enough when they fly off and hit you, I can't imagine how bad a nock would hurt. The angles wouldn't work either.
Black marker, white out or a bit of string would be my suggestions.
Randy

Oh, did you get the bow yet??

Old 05-22-2006, 07:57 PM

The tracking number says that it will be here on Wednesday . I had a question about targets . What are you guys using for practice ? It seems that the short bolt and high speed could cause alot of stuck bolts . I guess I'm wondering if they get burried in an archery "cube" to the point that you can not pull them out . I'm shooting at a 3" thick foam target and my compound will often burry the arrows up to the vanes . Hmmm , maybe the foam target with some hay behind it ? Thanks ,, I'll let you know how it shoots later this week . Thanks for all the advise .
Old 05-22-2006, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

My vote would be a good bag target. Way easier arrow removal. That's just my vote.
Randy
Old 05-23-2006, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

i've gone thru 3 bags and a foam deer target. i'm on my 4th bag and i'm ready for another. go with the bag. it's the best and i've found cheapest one out there
Old 05-25-2006, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey dogslayer its thurs. so did it come and did you get to shoot any? Well let us know want to hear all about it.[8D]
Old 05-25-2006, 09:39 PM

I'm upset to say that all is not well . I got the crossbow , and somthing ain't right . There are some alignment pegs where the bow assembly mates to the stock . The female part of this has been busted . It looks like the ramp where the bolt sets is lower than it should be . I think that I can fix it . This has been my only bad experieance with ebay . I don't think it was intentional (it was from a pawn shop out east ) , but I don't want to pay what I did for a crossbow I have to fix . SO , I still have not shot a crossbow . Thanks , all . I'll let you know how it turns out .
Old 05-25-2006, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dog: Ya might give Horton a call. They have an outstanding service dept. I sent an obviously roughed up scope into them and they had it shipped back w/in 48 hrs. Actually, they gave me a new scope at no charge. Others have similar stories about all the major mfgs. I'm just guessing here, but would bet it came back like new, w/ any upgrades installed at a very reasonable fee if any. Good luck!
Old 05-26-2006, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow did you get in touch with the seller to see if they would fix it? As awshucks said see if Horton will help you out. Bummer!
Old 05-27-2006, 09:50 PM

I decided to stop crying and just fix it . I then went and got a couple of arrows for it . Got some carbon express bolts . After 3 or 4 shots , I hit my target where I wanted . It has a muti dot reticle on the red dot . I didn't check for POI on the other dots , just the first one . Well , to make a long boring story short - I shot a prarie dog with it at 44yards . I thought I missed it ,, till I retrieved the arrow . That was pretty cool . Tommarow I'll hit them abit harder . That was the good . The bad is that it is loud (no silencers anywhere) , heavy ,and the stock is short . I love that I could stick a bi-pod on it , plop down in front of a hole, andwait for a varmint to come up to have a look-see . I knew I should have taken the camera with me today .
Old 05-28-2006, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey glad to hear on getting the Horton into shooting shape. Then up and popped a varmit wid it right off sounds good. Keep shooting it and learning about that multi dot.