Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Holographic sight

Old 05-14-2006, 10:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default Holographic sight

Anyone ever tried one of these on a crossbow? That Tenpoint I just got has the Rangemaster system on it so I'm looking for a nice one dot or single point of reference sight. That Rangemaster system is pretty slick.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Holographic sight

BBVA: Had one on a S@W Mod. 41 .22 target pistol, deadly, but $286.00. I recently saw a type of red dot that 10 Pt is selling that really impressed me. Problem is Randy howed me soooo much in so little time, I'm not sure what it's called. He showed it to me in the parking lot and it was camo'ed, had several different guess you'ld call them reticules, but I could see how you could use bottom, top, middle, for various yardages, and would like to experiment w/ them more. Maybe he can tell ya what it was, just know it was swell.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:54 AM

I have one friend that used one for one season. He had a simmons red dot on before then tried the Holo one season and said he did not like it and went back to his simmons. He said he had trouble focusing on it and found it hard to aim, I personally have never used one.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:26 AM
Typical Buck

Awshucks The scope Randy showed you would be the TenPoint 3X ProView Scope.. if your talking about the one that has the multi line crosshairs and 3x magnafacation and offeres eithe the use of red or green dots or the ability to be used without the dots on and just use the black dots/crosshairs, this would be the scope that everyone is talking about being the best of both worlds.. becaus even if your battery dies in the scope you can still use it and it has the magnafacation for those of us whos eyesight is not what it used to be..
Old 05-15-2006, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

Aw,
The scope I showed you is the Quad III scope. 4 reticles, 2 colors all based on the 3 dot system.
BigBird, if I were you, I would use a multi line or multi dot scope and not use the Rangemaster. It works well for what it is, but we have since gone away from it as the multiple line or dot scopes have come onto the scene.
Your choice, but that is my 2 cents.
Htoler, I do love that ProView scope. I did a training at bass Pro this last week and they loved it there too.
Randy
Old 05-15-2006, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

my mistake sorry about that guys,,
Old 05-15-2006, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Htoler: He didn't have that w/ him, I was hoping to check it out too. What I'm talking about looked like all the other red dot types, short and fat, but had several choices of reticle, like circle w/ dot. diamond w/ dot, three red bars like mini x hairs ect. I shot a 10 pt w/ the 3 red dots and didn't much care for it, the dang dots were REAL close together. They looked like this, ... , only verticle. I don't think I'ld give up my two V-zones because my two bows shoot about 330 fps and 290 fps, and I can adj V-zone to be right on at the farther ranges. It's all a matter of personal choice just like the bows. Those red dots were slick though, gotta admit that.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Typical Buck

I had the three dot on my 10point for one season and traded it in for the 10point 3X crosshair scope. The dots didn't do it for this old man's eyes. Besides, two lines that disect is the impact point. Where else would you want it? Duh! LOL
BBO
Old 05-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I had one on a few years ago and am thinking about going back. Only problem with the bushnell halo is you have to keep both eyes open in low light. Other than that they are very effective. Batteries last forever.
Don
Old 05-15-2006, 09:15 PM
Fork Horn

I keep both eyes open even on a scope. The Bushnell has a 2x adapter but you can't find it. I don't think a 1x or zero magnification is what I want. I have the Proview 3 dot on the other xbow and it does fine. Maybe I'll try a low power scope on it and see how the rangemaster works out before buying a bigger $$$ scope. Simmons has a 1.5-5 illuminated shotgun scope for $130 or less. Still looking........... Thanks

Quick Reply: Holographic sight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.