Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Holographic sight

Old 05-16-2006, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Holographic sight

BBVA, If you're looking for real low buck, check out the BSA line. I've got three of them on rifles and they've held up great. They make an xbow scope, but I've never seen one, read some happy posts somewhere on it though.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:33 PM
Typical Buck

OK. Since we're on the subject of scopes, I've got a real brain stormer question. It will be interesting to see who comes closest to the correct answer too. LOL. Is a crossbow scope made different than a rifle or shotgun scope and if so WHY? I'm not talking crosshairs or red dots, just the general physical makeup of the scope. I have heard you can't put a rifle or shotgun scope on a crossbow. Why is that?
BBO
Old 05-16-2006, 05:00 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BuddyBo

OK. Since we're on the subject of scopes, I've got a real brain stormer question. It will be interesting to see who comes closest to the correct answer too. LOL. Is a crossbow scope made different than a rifle or shotgun scope and if so WHY? I'm not talking crosshairs or red dots, just the general physical makeup of the scope. I have heard you can't put a rifle or shotgun scope on a crossbow. Why is that?
BBO
The only difference I can think of is parallax correction.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dnk hit that nail on the head, but I don't think that parallax would be that big a deal at deer ranges. The more you can mount your cheek to the stock the same every time, the less effect plax has. Hey Dnk: Hope your prize for this one is better than what I got for the corn sheller!! LOL
Old 05-16-2006, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

Nope! No correct answer yet. LOL This is fun.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:46 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Dnk hit that nail on the head, but I don't think that parallax would be that big a deal at deer ranges. The more you can mount your cheek to the stock the same every time, the less effect plax has. Hey Dnk: Hope your prize for this one is better than what I got for the corn sheller!! LOL
Bingo for you Dan! Ya got that right for sure. Many people get all caught up on parallax in scopes. They get stuck with scopes that are so inferior to what they could put on. A brighter, clearer, faster picture! And the only penilty is that you have to shoot consistantly (put your cheek on the stock the same every time, ala Dan). And in return you get minute of death accuracy. Good for you Dan! I think I should get a hat made of squirrel!

Old 05-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Boy I am glad nobody told me that 20 years ago .Now I suppose I ought to take the rifle scope that has work so well on mine off. LOL Lee
Old 05-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Yur funnin us now aren't you?????????? Awwww don't do this you evil critter!!!
Old 05-16-2006, 07:49 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I don't find this fun but it is funny!
Old 05-16-2006, 08:07 PM
Typical Buck

OK. suspence is over. I was told by a Nikon scope rep. that you should never put a rifle or shotgun scope on a crossbow as a crossbow has reverse recoil and it could damage the scope, or at the very least not stay zeroed in,as it is not made for that kind of recoil. Always use a crossbow scope as it IS made for reverse recoil and no damage would result. Makes sense to me anyways. LOL. But it got you thinking!
BBO

Quick Reply: Holographic sight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.