Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Yet another Saturday project for my ATV completed

Old 05-08-2006, 10:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Yet another Saturday project for my ATV completed

ORIGINAL: Bowtech Defender

Maybe for making apple pulp.
This is an apple pulper

Old 05-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I think it's for grinding Squirrels to submission and to get the smell out so domesticated animals don't run off and die.
Just a wild guess.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

So....... is it a sheller or what??? Did I guess right?? Did I win the contest??? What did I win??? Hog, what ya think? If it's a sheller and he's gonna use it in hunting season he must have some hi-brow deer that won't eat ear corn!! LOL Where ya at Buddybo?? Prolly got lots of orders for them bow holders. Hey Dnk: wouldn't you like one of them to hull your nuts? Goes thru a green black walnut in a heart beat.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:49 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Hey Dnk: wouldn't you like one of them to hull your nuts?

Old 05-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Dominant Buck

I believe it's an antique corn sheller!
Old 05-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Typical Buck

LMAO Yes awshucks, you win the contest! It's a corn sheller mounted on a bottomless box and mounted to the front of my ATVso as to shell right to the ground in a chosen spot. I have planted a huge corn field in front of my box stand this spring and hope to save on some shell corn I've been used to buying each year to bait with. It's legal here in NC. I'll pick a few ears and throw into the basket and drive to my baiting spot and shell like crazy. I have spoiled my deer on shelled corn. Maybe next I'll feed them peanut butter sandwiches too. LOL.
Sorry for the last contest announcement. I was deer hunting last night with Deer Hunting 2005 Seasongame. LOL.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Does Dan win a free nut shelling? He's pretty excited about winning!
Old 05-09-2006, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dnk: My old man had me hulling nuts w/ one of those when I was 9 years old, 50 yrs ago. I thought that was bad until I had to sit at an anvil w/ hammer and crack them things so my ma could dig the meat outta the shells. My right thumb still aches. [left hand held hammer] At the time I had a 25# long bow that ate up every nickel I could make buying arrows at the Piggly Wiggly store at .35 cents each. My left forearm was permanently raw til I saw an arm guard. LOL
Old 05-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like poor ole awshucks had a nut hulling, anvil butt sitting, hammer cracking, sore thumbing, nickel spending, Piggly Wiggly, bloody raw arm kind of life! And to think we have it hard now, with our ATV's and crossbows and carbon arrows and what not. Man! I don't miss those good loe days a tall! LOL. I'm glad you survived it all awshucks. You da MAN!
Old 05-10-2006, 12:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Da Man remembers being Da Boy!!LOL Man, the worst job was grinding corn for the cattle, dang I hated that!! But fast forward about 30 years, I was back to the place I grew up [hah look out now] w/ a metal detector, and among other things that I forgot ever losing, I found 4-5 metal points for those arrows I lost in the grass, that I used to crawl on my hands and knees looking for. You could feel them easier than you could see them. Bring back any memories for any of you other old farts? I even found the plastic nocks about 28" away from the points, but the wood was long gone. I wasn't whining BBO, those were the good old days.