Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
Archery hunters safety course
12.50%
Crossbow hunters safety course
87.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Which would you attend if available?

Old 04-14-2006, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which would you attend if available?

10 Point: You guys w/ mfgrs. must have alot of patience w/ the 1 or 2% ers. I could understand once, overlook the Darwin factor on the 2nd, but to call up the co. and complain... boggles the mind. Reminds me of a true story that happened while
I was living in Louisiana in the mid 80's. A guy was limping around on a bandaged foot,said he cut his foot off w/ a push mover while pulling it backwards. He then asked me if that "wasn't the dumbest thing in the world". I had to tell him I thought telling people about it ranked even higher!! LOL
Old 04-18-2006, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

Most days being patient is not difficult for me, but occassionally you will get a guy that thinks he knows everything and has an attitude. Those are the ones you struggle with.
We do hear some good stories though.
Randy
Old 04-19-2006, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I could understand once, overlook the Darwin factor on the 2nd, but to call up the co. and complain... boggles the mind.
Not mind boggling at all when you consider they even have to put the warning tag "NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION" on a package of stink bait. [:'(]

By the way, I'd take both classes. Also, I don't think the classes should be combined, at all.While the hunting safety parts are obviously identical, there are enough differences in safe handling of crossbows vs bows to warrantseperate training.

For example, even the dumbest bowhunter can't shoot himself in the chest with a bow. An idiot with a crossbow can. Ref: the kid a couple of years back who was lowering a loaded crossbowon a rope. The crossbowwent off, bolt hit him in the chest,and killed him.

Not to mention theintellectual giantwho can't learn to keep his fingers out of the string's way.

I think the crossbow industry and it's activistsshouldwork towardgettingan organization like IBEP started that is dedicated to crossbow safety. I do NOT think the classes should be stuffed into IBEP.Mainlybecausehardly any IBEP instructors know a flippin' thing about crossbows, but also becausea great many IBEP instructorsare likely hardcore anti-crossbowers.

I better stop there before I get too high up on the soap box.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:58 AM
Dominant Buck

I chose archery because my state doesn't have xbow HE .