Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Crossbow Bashing

Old 04-11-2006, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Crossbow Bashing

On a site i belong to here in Tn. they have come tothe xbow forum and bashed us so bad, that i have come to the point of wanting to get rid of my compound. I just feel these type of people are the same ones who give all Hunters a bad name. I had rather give up hunting with a compound than be associated with them. Won't be long and i will just hunt with my xbow and shove itin their face every chance i get. I am not like that, but get tired of their spoiled attitudes. Leaves a very bad taste in my mouth![:@]
Old 04-11-2006, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Crossbow Bashing

I read on alot of forums, and here's a few things I personally have found. It seems to me most of the "anti's" are trying to provoke a response that does us xbowers no good. Also, there are quite a few verts out there that don't care one way or the other, until we lump them all together.

I think the most accurate poll I've seen is the most recent Cabelas archery catalog. Out of 83 bows listed, the break-down was: compounds 53%,stick 6%, recurves 15%, xbows 25%.

There is a tide of huge proportion sweeping the country at present as far as acceptance and popularity concerning crossbows that they will not be able to stop or materially slow down. The various state game depts. keep posting very favorable and realistic statistics that others are seeing which does even more to keep the ball rolling.

I don't think we can or need to convert an anti. It's the ones on the fence we need. If you say rto them, "Well you have wheels, sights, triggers just like me," They will invariably respond with, "It's drawing the bow in the deers presence." My answer to that is "Well with 95% let-off, that means a 70# pull, you're holding 3 1/2 lbs. so I guess by in the deers presence you mean when he entered the county."

Don't let em get to ya. The translation of my latin signature for those who don't know is "Don't Let The B*stards Grind You Down." Dan

Old 04-11-2006, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

I ignoir them ,, I watched this on the Archery Talk forum and it took awhile but the administrators cleaned them out ,, not everyone is going to agree with our choice of hunting equipment,,
what Awshucks had to say was very good.. the best we can do on the forums is to not get into a pis.... match with them we will not help people accept the use of crossbows any better if we do that,, the best we can do is to get the information out about crossbows and dispell the myths such as they shoot like guns, and that they shoot father and are more accurate than other bows.. more and more states DNR`s are accepting crossbows and allowing them to be used for hunting.. I myself when I see post by antis, is not feed thei fire , and do not reply to their post. if in person I were to be challenged I would invite them over to my place to watch a dvd I have that shows a crossbow being shot at the same distances as a compound and showing that at different yardages the prety much shoot the same.. there will always be antis,, I almost turned against a certain brand of crossbow because I came accross somthing similar to this, but decided to stay away from where that happened at instead.. as stated just dont let them get to you.. anymore they are the minoirity.. there are those that still do not believe compounds should be allowed , but they become fewer every day.. when crossbows are finally fully accepted then their will be anti`s against somthing ealse drawlock compounds or somthing.. keep your bows enjoy shoothing them and hut with what you chose dont let the infulance you to give up somthing you enjoy...
Old 04-11-2006, 10:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Just ask them, how many use that device that holds the string cocked on a verticle compound bow? I can't remember the name of it now, something like Pullman Device or something like that.
So they are shooting a verticle cross bow?
Old 04-11-2006, 10:33 AM
Typical Buck

That would be the drawlock,, and I know here in Illinois it is not legal to use it,, dont know about other states
a lot of these that ar bashing crossbows are probably the dependants of the ones that bashed the compound when it first became popular,,
Old 04-11-2006, 10:42 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: htoler

That would be the drawlock,, and I know here in Illinois it is not legal to use it,, dont know about other states
a lot of these that ar bashing crossbows are probably the dependants of the ones that bashed the compound when it first became popular,,
Yep! I've heard that if you don't use the Long Bow, you're not and archer!
Old 04-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rebel Hog that means i ain't been an archer since 1990. Last time i had a Long Bow.[]
Old 04-17-2006, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Which term best describes someone whobashes crossbows but shoots a high performance, high letoff compound with a mechanical release?

A) Hypocrite
B) Fool
C) Ignorant
D) All the above