Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Fletching bolts

Old 03-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default Fletching bolts

Anyone here fletching their own bolts? What tool do you use? Have you found any vanes that work better than others? I presently refletch my compound arrows so any advice would be appreciated.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:16 PM

Default RE: Fletching bolts

This is something I have thought about alot lately but have yet to do it. I sure most of the guys who read this are like me and maybe you with a box full of probally good shafts but bad fletchings. Last time I counted I think I have over two dozen good shafts. Oh well maybe someday.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:34 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Jason, I'm doing my arrows and its not really expensive when you figure how expensive new bolts are. I haven't done any bolts yet and am looking for some input. I currently have a Martin jig and there are a few others available. The only real problem is indexing the shafts so that the vanes are evenly mounted around the shaft. I have found from other guys how to get around it for my Excalibur bolts which may be different from other types. I want to try some different vanes, different angles etc.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:09 PM
Fork Horn

FLEX-FLETCH GIVING AWAY FREE VANES

For 2006 Flex-Fletch Products has introduced its brightest color in years. The new "Cosmic Green" is available in all fifteen sizes and is manufactured with the same dependability and durability that has become Flex-Fletch’s trademark. Just to show everyone how good their product is, they are offering free samples, which can be ordered simply by going to their website.

See for yourself how reliable and dependable their product is and just how bright and beautiful their colors are. You can obtain a "free sample dozen" by going to
www.flexfletch.com and clicking on "Archers Love a Dare". This is a great opportunity to field test one of the finest vanes on the market. Get free dozen today and put them on your arrows. You will quickly see why so many archers have come to rely on the Flex Fletch quality to assist them in being the best that they can be.

TELL `EM THAT HBM SENT YOU......THESE ARE THE VANES THAT I USE ON MY ARROWS!
Old 03-16-2006, 04:46 PM
Typical Buck

Well DJH, if these are the vanes you use on your arrows, tell us how to do it and what jig you use and etc. We'd all could use a little instruction or suggestion on this Crossbow bolt revaning thingy.
BuddyBo
Old 03-16-2006, 06:29 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BuddyBo

revaning thingy.
BuddyBo
Too funny Buddybo.....LOL
Buddy, Bohning has a arrow buildig DVD but it may come in a kit with vanes etc. Call them and see what is available. Fletching isn't difficult, it requires practice but with xbows it needs a little adaptation. If you need help I would be pleased to help you. You can send me an email or PM me if you like. Bohnings web site can be found if you do a search for bohning archery. Good luck and like I said I would be happy to help you.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:48 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Hey Buddy. Bohning does have a arrow building dvd for $11.30. They also have an arrow fletching kit for $85.80. It even has a revaning thingy. I am going to get one of their string serving kit ($28.71). They have lots of stuff I don't need but am goind to get.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Typical Buck

If you guys don't stop making fun of this old southern boy's way of discribing technical apparatices, I'm gonna start charging you money! LOL. I thought everyone from the south knew what a revaning thingy was anyway, Even Yankees figured it out. LOL. Thanks for the reply DJH and Dnk. I will look into it.
BuddyBo
Old 03-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

LOL