Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

COMPLIMENTARY COPY OF THE HORIZONTAL BOWHUNTER MAGAZINE

Old 01-21-2006, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default COMPLIMENTARY COPY OF THE HORIZONTAL BOWHUNTER MAGAZINE

COMPLIMENTARY COPY OF THE HORIZONTAL BOWHUNTER MAGAZINE

To all of those folks jumping on the bandwagon of "Crossbow Mania" in LA or any other state you live in, we would like to offer you a complimentary copy of the American Crossbow Federation’s quarterly publication, The Horizontal Bowhunter Magazine.

If you appreciate the excitement and challenge of using a crossbow to harvest big game, you will really enjoy our publication. It is filled with regular columns written by industry leaders as well as the personal challenges, triumphs and accomplishments of our members. There are lots of photos and letters from grassroots crossbow hunters who are hungry to learn and share all they can about the fastest growing segment of hunting today. There are color photos, letters and a question and answer section along with lots of entertaining and informative articles. There are reviews on the newest crossbows and accessories as well as any other special equipment that pertains to crossbow and crossbow hunting.

If you would like to receive a complimentary issue, contact us at the snail mail or email addresses below and send us your name and address. We will be happy to get an issue in your hands as quickly as possible. If you are going to be a part of the "Crossbow Mania", let our ACF members share their thoughts and knowledge with you so that you become smarter than those other guys. You know, the ones that call a crossbow the x-gun.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: COMPLIMENTARY COPY OF THE HORIZONTAL BOWHUNTER MAGAZINE

We are getting some emails from folks that are requesting a complimentary copy of the Horizontal Bowhunter Magazine, but aren't including their names or mailing address. This is pretty important information if you want to receive the mag so please include it. It will make our job a lot easier.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:40 PM

Thanks for the wonderful offer. Looking forward too trying your publication.

Thanks and you have email,
RA
Old 01-28-2006, 10:23 PM
Typical Buck

I got my free Horizontal Bowhunter and enjoyed it very much, I would recommend it for both the beginner and the experienced shooters.
Thanks DJH

Tar Heel
Old 01-31-2006, 03:19 PM

Hi
Thanks for the offer of the free magazine. I would like to give it a look.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

Email your name and address and I will get a copy out to you ASAP.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:25 PM

I sent you (DJH) an email for the magazine...Thanks
Old 02-06-2006, 11:05 AM

Just got my free copy lastweek. Looks like it will be a great magazine. Reminds me of the early days of Traditional Bowhunter (which I liked). Sadly now TB has taken the same road most other mags take and fill the pages with ads, ads, ads.

One thing that surprised me is the strong Anti-xbow sentiment by P&Y. I have been fortunate enough to take two 8ptrs that make the book (one with recurve one with compound) but now more than ever I WONT be joining that group or submitting any animals for their books because of their own beligerance and refusal to accept xbows. The crossbow itself is a MUCH more ancient weapon than any compound, so what is the difference?

Thanks again for the copy and I will encourage all my customers to look into the magazine for themselves,
RA

ps
I was also surprised to read about just how many states are either about to start or actually HAVE started xbow seasons in the last season or two. That is VERY encouraging. Working for a Horton/TenPoint dealer and it being our first season this past fall here in TN, I got to see firsthand the number of new bowhunters brought into the sport as a direct result of TN passing a statewide xbow rule for everyone. In todays climate of falling hunting participation and license sales it can only be a PLUS for anything that gets more hunters involved in another segment of the season. THAT is why I am surprised at many in the industry who are anti-xbows!!! They put their own selfish goals/wishes above that of the good of the sport. [:'(]
Old 02-06-2006, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

Great Post, Red. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

Just in time. I ordered my first crossbow over the weekend and it will be on my doorstep when I get home from work. I’m looking forward to reading your magazine. Thank you for the generous offer.

Quick Reply: COMPLIMENTARY COPY OF THE HORIZONTAL BOWHUNTER MAGAZINE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.