Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

korean food

Old 02-24-2002, 06:20 AM
Typical Buck

Default korean food

despite bul gol gi.. the rest is basically nasty....

if u like red hot peppers lots of garlic and cabbage and squid and just nasty looking seafood then u might like korean food... oh and sea week (kim) hehehe.. ever tried that??? anywayz.. this is a topic dedicated to those who have risked there health by testing kimchi!! hehehehe....

jjoel

_ _ _ _ _
ROMANS 16:19 SAYS! BE EXCELLENT AT WHAT IS GOOD BE INNOCENT OF EVIL CAUSE THE GOD OF PEACE WILL SOON CRUSH SATEN UNDERNEATH YOUR FEET YEAH!
Remember "The 4 G's"
God
Guns
Guitars
Girls
Old 02-24-2002, 10:04 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-24-2002, 10:13 PM

Default RE: korean food

I used to eat the fried squid and liked it. but i tried the squid jerky and no way. what about the fish jerky? i used to go to a restaraunt in angjung ni and they would cook pork and put all kinds of veg. on the table. you know the 1000 kinds of kim chee. you would put the stuff in red leaf lettuce and roll it up and eat away. my buddys wife was korean and she would cook stuff but i cant remember what it was called. lots of stuff though and some was pretty good.
the worst i ever ate was in honduras i would get full of adult refreshments and buy what i thought was beef and onions fried. this old hondo woman was selling us monkey. i always wondered why it was so chewy ,i just thought it was tough beef. i never ate iguana but i watched them clean one once .
Old 02-24-2002, 10:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'VE HAD IT BEFORE, IT WAS SPICY!!!! A LOT OF THE GUYS I WORK WITH WERE STATIONED OVER THERE AND BROUGHT BACK ORENTIEL WIVES. AND MAN DO THEY KNOW HOW TO COOK, I'VE ALSO TRIED THE SQUID JERKEY, NOT TO BAD.
Old 02-24-2002, 11:04 PM

robb theres just something about breaking those tintacles(?) off . and i like the red meat jerky better no fishy taste.
joel is everything made out of rice still. rice potatoe chips, rice candy,rice peanut brittle, rice , rice,rice. i'll bet that burger king and kfc , and mcdonalds is still the same in itaewon as it was when i was there. boy i wish they had the internet when i was there. it wouldnt have been so bad.
Old 02-25-2002, 03:02 AM
Typical Buck

heheheh... ahhhh.. good ole itaewon.. i live probably a mile from itaewon???? maybe more like 3/4 mile... anywayz i can walk to itaewon in roughly 10 mintutes (fast pace).. area i live is called pogwandong (bo gwan dong)...

burgar king is just burgar king (i heard there was a restaurant on top of it once)... popeye's is to the right and accross the street from bgk... ummm.. micky d's is still the same... OHHHH ITAEWON SUBWAY STATION!!!! finally they got it in last year... man its nice.... except its like 500 feet under ground (u go down 2 elevators and 3 flights of stairs)...

other than that itaewon is still itaewon... yes korean wives can cook.. but korean girls look kinda nasty when they get old....

as for rice... they got real potatoe chips yet lots of things are still rice... there are places where u can buy real american food but you gotta pay (not black market.. just imports)... other than that i dunno what else to say.. if u got any other korea questions post 'em here.... i'll check this topic often..

oh.. and SAHS lost the far east championship... to some acadamy school....i dunno if any of ya'll care.. im glad SAHS got beat... they're a bunch of mouthy army brats..
Old 02-25-2002, 06:39 PM

I rather enjoyed the time I spent in South Korea, I was stationed in 2ID Land at Camp Stanley. I just left there in May 2001. I had a blast and traveled alot and ate all sorts of food. I made friends with some of the senior KATUSA's and had a blast.

Andrew
I dont make the plans, I make them happen!
Old 02-25-2002, 10:20 PM

Up there around the Z. nope i was at humphreys. i can't say it was all bad but i wouldnt repeat it. went to casey once ,glad i wasnt there.
Old 02-25-2002, 11:26 PM
Typical Buck

i dont know the military terms... the Z??? ive only been on base a few times (probably could count it with both hands)..
Old 02-26-2002, 04:02 PM

DMZ, my friend. The Demilitarized Zone. I had the unfortunate pleasure of having to live up there for 17 days. I was a little farther south of the DMZ in a town called Uijongbu, about 25 kilometers from the Z. Although we did live fire up there alot. Kind of one of those show of force things. Nothing like watching a missle rip through a valley at MACH 2. Lord knows I wouldnt want to be on the recieving end!

Andrew
I dont make the plans, I make them happen!

Quick Reply: korean food

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.