Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

the smoker

Old 01-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default the smoker

here it is

BTW
I've been at this site 3 to 6 months after it started and this is my second post with a pic........

Dam I'm a slow learner [&:]but I can be taught.............

No!!!! I won't take a test...................lol
Old 01-23-2006, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: the smoker

here's the front I hope
Old 01-23-2006, 06:43 PM

looks good.hope you have many years of good cooking with it.

I found the pic's. come out better if you have them hosted somewhere like photobucket and then copy the address and paste it to the post.
then it will show the full size pic.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tree climber,

Thanks for the advice, I'm really new at posting pics. Hopefully they'll get better . Can't get much worse eh, or can they
Old 01-24-2006, 02:29 PM

no not bad , just that you have to open the attachments to view them. you did good.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Blacklab, I picked up this smoker a few years ago for small batch or single uses and have to tell you it works very well. I have yet to have any poor results from thissmoker and the propane works excellent for smoking in the winter here in Saskatchewan. I am averaging 20 hours on 20lb tank of smoking in the winter, warmer months I can squeeze 24 or so out of the same tank. IMO great investment, you'll enjoy. Tip is line the water bowl in tin foil, it will save you time in clean up and requiring to buy a replacement. Also spray pam on the racks can help with certain uses, ie jerky or poultry smokes.

FYI, when posting pics. Where you click to upload file, check(click) the box thats says "Embed picture in the post". Then your picture will beinclude inthe post(instead of as an attachment). Like this:

Old 01-30-2006, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Skeeter 7mm
Glad to hear you like yours so much. I love to grill and bbq so it should be fun. So far the only thing smoked in it was pork spareribs whiched turned out pretty good, everybody loved them, but I'm my biggest crittic. So it needs more ofsomething just not sure what it is. But I'll figure it out, or poison myfamily and friends triing [8D].
That water bowl is a bigpain to clean. Tin foil is a great Idea deffinately going to use it.

Thanks for the info on the pic
Old 01-30-2006, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

No problems at all.

It takes time to develop the taste your hunting for no doubt. Personally for smoking pork or poultry I use dry rubs and let stand in the fridge over night covered. For roasts I spice and inject the meat with homeade sauces like tweaked BBQ, etc. Both of these make sure to keep the water bowl full while smoking. The pork or beeflow and slow. Venison or poultry med as long as required. Also I mostly use smaller wood chucks and don't soak them before placing in the chip box. I also will place the meat in when the smoke is bellowing out of the box and thenrestock chips(ifyou want more smoke flavour) about 1 - 1/2hr later. Key getting the smoke inside the meat in the first 2 hours of the cook. TIP - one of those silcon high heat mitts works great for pulling out the chip box in mid cook.

I make lots of venison jerky and ground jerky has worked out wonderfully in my smoker...goes like hotcakesaround my place. This I don't put any water in the bowl but still line it with foil to catch drippings. Also low/med heat works for me.

Most used wood is hickory, although I often add some mesquite(1/4-1/3rd of thechip box)in with the hickory when wanting that BBQ flavouring.

Yours looks pretty clean didyou give it a good smoke seasoning prior to using it. I let mine cook for several hoursand did 2 maple smokes while seasoning. I do this after a complete box cleaning as well.

Bon appetite!
Old 01-31-2006, 10:53 AM
Dominant Buck

I have the mini version of this one:
Masterbuilt smoker
It also comes in a stainless model:
Masterbuilt stainless
My mini can hold about 25 lbs. of meat , runs on propane or charcoal(I like lump charcoal) , and doubles as a grill , turkey fryer(with added pot and lifter) , or a boiler . It breaks down and nests inside it's component parts , which all fit in a small carry bag . It's probably the single most versatile piece of outdoor cooking equipment that I've ever owned .
Old 02-01-2006, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

YeahI preaseason it twice, a total of 5hrs or so, with afull boxof mesquite and a box of apple. The next thing to go in the smokerisbourbon glazed pork ribs. mmmmmmm can't wait.

Safeway & walmart carry a dry rub fromMccomicksI somtimeuse for spare ribs, then the last hour or so I cover them with the KC hickory and brown sugar bbq sauce, whichwe enjoy.

Kevin thats a goodlookin smoker. Does it clean the dishes to?.......lol

Quick Reply: the smoker

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.