Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Brand new to Bowhunting

Old 05-05-2005, 01:30 PM

Default RE: Brand new to Bowhunting

Welcome, like all the others, you MUST FIND A GOOD ARCHERY SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will set you up with what you need........ IMO, the model of bow isn't really that important.... It's hard to find a bad one these days....... Just stick to the more popular brands and you will ok......... For a beginner, I would get either a wisker bisquit or a prong stlye rest, such as Golden Key....... Most sites out there will work fine...... Good arrows are imperative...... Easton ACC are considered the best by many shooters... Also, Beman and Gold Tip are very popular......... Get a good release, Scott, Tru-ball, etc......

Once you have your setup and start learning more about archery, you can then refine your gear....... use the KISS principle, Keep It Simple, Stupid!!!!
Old 05-05-2005, 02:13 PM

Default RE: Brand new to Bowhunting

Welcome and I also agree with the rest of them. Find a good little archery shop in town or close to town. They will help you out.