Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

They got me!

Old 05-04-2005, 06:58 PM

Default They got me!

As many of you guys know I bought a game camera. I set it up on a pine tree by a little wheat field I made. I only got pictures of the wheat. I decided to move the camera to a path a few hundred yards down. I moved it there and dumped a pile of corn. I remembered not to face the camera at the sun so I moved it down the next path. That path was also a few hundred yards away. I dumped corn there and waited over the weekend. I did not get any pictures. The pile was untouched. I decided to move the camera another few hundred yards where I saw tons of tracks. I moved it there and dumped some corn. I walked down a dirt dump truck road and dumped some corn. I waited a few days and came back. I looked at the corn on the dump truck road. There was a little corn left. The deer tore that pile up. I could not walk without stepping in a deer track. I decided to check my camera and there were no pictures. The corn was untouched. I walked back to the other pile of corn I dumped on the second path. I saw my dad standing there. He said he saw the biggest deer he has ever seen. He said it was as big as a cow. I have never seen so many tracks. There were tons of different deer. I ran back to get my camera and scoop up some corn. I dumped it there and set my camera back up there. I checked on it today and some was gone, but there was a lot left. I only got 4 pictures. I mixed some corn and sunflower seed together. I think it was the raccoons digging through because most of the sunflower seeds were gone. I went back to check the other pile where I had my camera set up. My friend saw a fawn. I looked at the pile and it was gone! These deer are outsmarting me. I made a trail from the main path to my camera with corn. I am trying to lead the deer to my camera. I doubt this will work seeing as they are so smart. They probably parachute in!
Old 05-04-2005, 07:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: They got me!

Did you take the lens cover off?
Old 05-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

did you turn the camera on ???????? if the corn is gone something is taking it and you should have pictures
Old 05-04-2005, 07:27 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bob d

did you turn the camera on ???????? if the corn is gone something is taking it and you should have pictures
Adjust it downward and you may find it was a jackalope.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:30 PM

No, I am getting pictures. I just move it too often!
Old 05-05-2005, 04:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

By the title and your opening sentence I thought someone had stolen your camera. Glad to see that wasn't the case.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:38 AM

Let the game cam sit a little bit longer . With you moving it around so much you are touching it alot and your sent is all over it . Also try to hide it not only from people but from the deer . You are hanging a strange box on a tree and dont think the deer do not notice it .

I would say let it sit a bit longer and only put out one bait site for the pictures .
Old 05-05-2005, 06:20 AM

At least they just got the corn.

From the title of the thread I was expecting you to say the cam was missing(knock on wood). How close are you setting up the cam to the corn?
Old 05-05-2005, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is funny!
Old 05-05-2005, 09:38 AM

I have a camera that I have been setting out for about 6 months now. I have feeders and a mineral lick that I have had out for 5 years. I have found that when the feeders are empty and refilled it takes from 3 to 5 days before there are any pictures taken. Try leaving the camera in the same place a little longer.

Bones

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.