Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do these forms help your hunting?

Old 05-04-2005, 06:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How do these forms help your hunting?

I like to see what everyone likes. equipment reviews are alot of it. I want to know what the guy in the next state that has the same sight I am looking at thinks of it.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:07 AM

It dosen't necessarilr help me hunting (although I'm always learning something new) but it helps me to survive the off season.

When the season comes around I tend to stick to my game plan. It's when I don't I end up burning myself.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:29 AM

I would say the most beneficial aspect of this board is the vast amount of technical gurus that lurk here. My shooting has definitely improved since visiting this board over the last few years.....

It also helps to know that there are others, just like me, doing all they can to arrow big whitetails!!!!
Old 05-04-2005, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the forums for the interaction not necessarily the information. I get some good info, a lot of BS and opinion. Sometimes I just like a good argument since I'm not out hunting.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't say they made me a better hunter, but I would say that it makes me a better archer. It also helps me spend money on gear that is worth it, and make educated buying decisions based on opinions of other consumers. This board have influenced my decisions on buying a game camera, bow string and cable, rest, 2 1/2 dozen arrows, a bow, sight, stabilizer, and release all within the last 3-4 months. I am quite happy with all the stuff too thanks to the reviews and input from others.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:32 AM

Yea, I agree with you guys that these forums don't help with hunting skills as much as technical skills needed to be a more proficient hunter.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:58 PM

Without these forums i wouldn't be able to hunt. I have no family that hunts, and no one to take me or teach me. Without people to answer my thousands of questions i would have no idea what to do. I now am a success full deer (archery and muzzle loader) hunter, turkey (archery,shotgun) hunter, and upland bird hunter. I'm also not to bad on the target range with any of the above listed weapons either. Its just nice that whenever you have a question about hunting, you can bring it here and it will be answered by knowledgable and friendly people.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

I have learned a lot more about tracking a deer after a shot that was not a good shot but wasn't a bad shot and without that information I would not have found some deer or help my dad find some of his deer. These forums are good for advice and just to talk about your deer and show pictures of them.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I remembered one other thing that a forum (I don't remember if it was this one) helped me with. I didn't know that Texas had a lottery type draw for hunts, since I usually hunt out of state on my own land and leases. A reminder came out a couple of weeks before the deadline for applications. I pulled the permit book off of the TPWD website,sent in some applications for me and my brother in law and low and behold we were drawn on one of the hunts. Had a great time and killed some deer. If it wasn't for a forum, I would have never known about it.