Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HELP!! I think my eyesight it screwed up...

Old 05-03-2005, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default HELP!! I think my eyesight it screwed up...

OK.. I've been over this and over this with people.

DOMINANT EYE..

You look at something in the distance, and you put your finger on it. you then follow your finger to your eye. Which ever it ends up at is your dominant eye.

My problem is, I see TWO FINGERS when I focus on the distant object. If i focus on my finger i see Two distant objects..

SO.. can anyone help?
Old 05-03-2005, 04:56 PM

Default RE: HELP!! I think my eyesight it screwed up...

Heres another way to check . Make sort of a circle with your pointer finger and thumb . Put your arm all the way out and place an object inside that circle ( light switch or something ) Center it with both eyes open then close each eye one at a time . What ever eye you can still see the object is the eye you want to use !!
Old 05-03-2005, 04:59 PM

Never heard that one. try the triangle put thumbs to thumbs and pointers to pointers and look at something like a picture 10- 15 ft. away after you focus close one eye if the picture is still in the triangle then that is your dominant eye if not then its your other. Thats the only way I know to do it. Hope it helps.

yep same as Double.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:04 PM

HMMMM, maybe go see an eye doctor??????

How many beers have you had when you perform this test???

It doesn't sound like an eye dominance problem to me. If you are seeing two of something, that sounds more like a vision problem to me. When you look down the barrel of a shotgun with both eyes open, do you see down the barrel or the side of the barrel? If you see the side of the barrel, it probably is an eye dominance issue.

Good luck in getting it fixed.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know i'll probably be having to wear glasses soon
Old 05-03-2005, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think maybe your eye sight is changing you should go get it checked
you probably need glasses or a new prescription
Old 05-03-2005, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

I see TWO FINGERS when I focus on the distant object
Do not worry, nobody can focus on a close object and a distant object at the same time. This has nothing to do with your eyesight or your domminant eye. It is normal to see double of the object your not foucused on. The responces you are getting are pretty funny though.
The idea is when you are foucused on the distant object with your finger up and put one of the two fingers that you see on the object. Shut one eye at a time NOW you will see one finger. THe dominant eye will be the one that the finger lines up with the target.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

But it all depends on which finger i put on the object.. If i put the left one, I'm right eye dominant, if i put the right one, I'm left eye dominant..

I dont get it...
Old 05-03-2005, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see fine, i dont have glasses or contacts, and two years ago i had my eyes checked by the military and one was 20/20, the other was just slightly off 20/20
Old 05-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

Try standing in front of a mirror and use only your middle finger. Now what do you see?[:-]

Quick Reply: HELP!! I think my eyesight it screwed up...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.