Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looking for a inexpensive release aid

Old 05-02-2005, 04:00 AM

Default Looking for a inexpensive release aid

I am new to archery and due to low funding am looking for a good price on a release aid. I am wanting either a post style resease or a loop style release. Does anyone have one I can buy or know of a good place/company to look?? Links are welcome, Thank You
Old 05-02-2005, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Looking for a inexpensive release aid

first, you need to define expensive. I just spent $75 on a release, and that to me is pricey. but tru ball makes a good inexpensive release. I shot one for years. you can find an inexpensive yet good release for, I'd say $30.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Because I don't even like caliper/wrist style releases I don't use them, but they are the choice by the majority. Take a look at some of those made by True Ball. They are noted to have very good, crisp triggers. Check out the classifieds over on archery talk and you may find a decent used one. Maybe someone at a local club has an extra one they don't use any more. Maybe a local shop has a demo they can sell you for a little less money.

I have a very slightly used True Fire Hurricane that I'll sell for $30. That'll include shipping. It's got maybe 50 shots through it. If interested let me know. This is about $55- $60 retail release.

Personally I would save a little more money and buy something better than economy. Good releases last for many years and CHEAP usually means just that. Sorry to say, but archery is getting to be a very expensive sport and inexpensive and quality just don't fit in the same paragraph.

I've got about 8 releases and some of the cheaper ones cost me $35 some 30 years ago. My newer ones, of which I have four cost about $100 each, and I just ordered a new one that will be about $190. But I know It'll still work fine long after I'm dead.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:47 AM

I also agree that truball is great release but you can spend the better part of $100.00.

I've had good luck patiently watching ebay for a good truball release that is under priced. That would be my suggestion.

Check your pm
Old 05-02-2005, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I got back into bowhunting and switched from finger shooting I didn't know if I was going to like a mechanical release or not. I bought a cheapo Allen caliper release for about $13 until I made up my mind. I've upgraded since then, but the Allen is Ok to start with. If you want something a little more upscale, get one of the Cobras. It will run you somewhere between $30-40.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:42 PM
Dominant Buck

If I understand right, when you say aid, are you refering to the thing on the string your release attaches too? If so here is what I choose:

I would stear clear of the metal ones. They make a wierd sound when you shot. I use a simple loop. Cheap and easy. I have heard people say they are trouble to get the release on, I have never noticed it. I have been using them for a long time with no problem at all,.

If you are looking for a cheap release, you can find a good one in the $20 to $30 range. Split fires are great and run aroung 25 bucks. Lots of caliper type in the same range.

Little hint, keep your releases lubed with dry graphite and it will always work fine.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK, I thought of one. True Ball Stinger---about $30
Old 05-02-2005, 06:02 PM

trufire makes some good inexpensive releases ,if you have a gander mountain nearby they have some on clearance right now.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.broadheadtests.com/FEATURES.html
Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Check our classified add's 31 point has severel in expensive release's for sale on here .

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=1042740

nubo

Quick Reply: Looking for a inexpensive release aid

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.