Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHICH IS THE BEST ILLINOIS OUTFITTERS

Old 01-08-2002, 06:28 PM

Default WHICH IS THE BEST ILLINOIS OUTFITTERS

ANYONE WHO HAS WENT ON ANY GIUDED ILLINOIS BOWHUNTS PLEASE TALK ABOUT TRIP AND WITH WHAT OUTFITTER AND WOULD YOU RECCOMEND IT
Old 01-08-2002, 08:57 PM

Default RE: WHICH IS THE BEST ILLINOIS OUTFITTERS

IMB outfitters "Illinois Monster Bucks" on the web. Check them out. I know these guys personally and they are a no BS group that puts you on the deer with access to over 20K acres in three states. They are in Pike County Il. I recommend them. Darrin Bradley is the owner / outfitter.

God, Family and hunting, got to get your priorities strait!
Old 01-08-2002, 09:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hi Erik,
Welcome to the board!
Our club has had wonderful success "doing it ourselves" in Pike and Adams county by taking the time to get to know the locals and leasing the properties ourselves. As far as outfitters go, get references references references from successful and unsuccessful hunters. The unsuccessful hunters are way more likely to be fair and objective!
Old 01-08-2002, 10:07 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-08-2002, 11:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Harpoles Heartland Lodge in Pike county. My buddy went there a couple years ago and has nothing but great things to say about them. Thats unusual for someone who comes home empty handed. He said he seen more trophy class bucks in one week than he has his whole life. He said the food , lodging , hospitality and guide service were outstanding. They also encourage you to shoot a doe and if you do your name goes in a drawing for the next years hunt.

"Nocked,cocked & ready to rock"
Old 01-09-2002, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have never hunted with this outfitter but Hadley Creek Outfitters was recomended by a friend of mine. He didn't get anything when he hunted there but said he is going back the first chance he gets. Other than the weather not cooperating, he said everything else was top notch. This is from a guy who has hunted all over North America.
Old 01-09-2002, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't tell you who's the best but I can tell you to stay away from D & G Outfitters in Pope county. I hunted with them last year and got shafted for $1200.00. I hunted 5 days and never saw a buck, not even a small one, and not very many does.
Old 01-09-2002, 09:46 PM

A excellent outfitter is bbcreekoutfitters in Pike County.check their website out.They have some great deer hunting.
Old 01-09-2002, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

brownie65, I have heard some really good things about bbcreek from some of the locals in Pike Co. As far as some others mentioned....my grandmother always told me that if you don`t have something nice to say, don`t say it. Every once in a while, I heed her advice, this is one of those times!