Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how "ethical" is this ?

Old 04-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how "ethical" is this ?

Yes, but brush piles and trees are less likely to tip off the bunny huggers and create tension with the neighbors.
I have seen several people makes posts that it might make the neighbor mad etc. but that would honestly not be much of a concern to me. What a man does with his property is his business. If someone gets mad because I want to fence my property then that is their tough luck. They can get glad in the same pants that they got mad in. I am not going to let someone else's opinion dictate how I manage the land that I work for and I pay for nor will I try to dictate for them what they should do. If it were an eye sore or decreasing property value then that's one thing but I really don't see why someone would get mad because someone else put a fence on their property.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Silent, I agree with you. Nobody should be able to tell a person what he can and can't do on his own property. At the same time there should be some consideration for others. Even if you could care less about the neighbor the fact is he/she will still be living there and having a sour relationship with a neighbor can put a damper on your enjoyment of your own property. I have seen it too many times to discount it. I'm with you, I will do what I want on my property, but I also consider how it could come back to haunt me later.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Huntingbry I think we're on the same page. I don't advocate doing something to deliberately anger a neighbor but if I want to build a fence then I am going to build a fence and if the neighbor gets mad because I want to build a fence on my own proerty well that's probably not someone that I am going to be able to get along with anyway. Being difficult to get along with is a two way street and I can be just about as hard to get along with as anyone else can or can be as easy to get along with as anybody. I don't see why anyone would get mad over someone fencing their own property though.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:49 PM
Site Bouncer

How does the law read in Arkansas about retrieving an animal on someone else's property? This is a big factor because if you can't without permission (like here in Illinois) and the fence pisses your neighbor off then any deer you shoot that runs onto his property you lost. It could be the biggest deer you have ever seen in your life but if it steps one foot on his property and dies there, without permission from him to get it, it will just end up on his wall/freezer, because all he would have to do is call the DNR and say a deer wandered on to his property and died and he want's to claim it.

If you have the right to get your deer, then you can pretty much do what you want as far as fences go. But remember you could be missing out on some additional hunting land (your neighbor's) and it would be a real pisser to find out all of the deer are over on his property and you can't do anything about it because you had to have a fence.

Something to chew on.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Silent, absolutely. Some people can't be pleased no matter what you do so why worry about them. BigJ12 brings up an interesting point. If you can get along with the neighbor and he/she isn't a hunter, but doesn't like having the landscaping eaten you may have just double the size of the land you hunt. If you rub them the wrong way you may have just created another anti. It seems like anymore we can't just be hunters but we have to be personal politicians too. Oh how times have changed.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Dominant Buck

I personally would open the funnel and intice the deer to come in with food, once in, Id funnel them into a really tall cattle shoot. Feed them up real good. Then when season opens, I could set at the fence and stab the deer I wanted.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

I personally would open the funnel and intice the deer to come in with food, once in, Id funnel them into a really tall cattle shoot. Feed them up real good. Then when season opens, I could set at the fence and stab the deer I wanted.

It's been a long day and I reallllly need something uproariously funny to make it better.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who wants to look at a chainlink fence if you don"t have to. The food plot sounds like a good idea. {IF YOU PLANT IT THEY WILL COME}
Old 04-27-2005, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Holy crap!!! Is there a strike going on at HNI? Or did someone steal a moderators badge?

Silentassassin
Old 04-28-2005, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Holy crap!!! Is there a strike going on at HNI? Or did someone steal a moderators badge?
I am going to have to go with a strike because I am not smart enough to steal the badge

Quick Reply: how "ethical" is this ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.