Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how "ethical" is this ?

Old 04-26-2005, 01:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: how "ethical" is this ?

You going to use acrossbow by any chance??[8D]
Old 04-26-2005, 01:26 PM

Interesting thoughts huh guys ? Some won't build anything but a natural manmade barrier, others say they wouldn't build it ........ but would hunt it, some say they would neither build it nor hunt it but if it were a natural funnel (like a boxed canyon) they likely would , some wouldn't build a fence, but drawing deer in with feeders or food plots is okay ........... as far as I know, its legal in Arkansas to construct a fence as high as you'd like, open on both ends, and if deer "follow" that line so be it. No problems with feeders in AR or the size of the land or the community I'm in either.

How differently people view things huh guys ?

I've actually thought about going through the woods, and creating a scarpe line by tying over limbs that would attract bucks to make scrapes.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:53 PM

What are you getting at Data? I know you've got something up your sleeve.............
Old 04-26-2005, 02:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

What are you getting at Data? I know you've got something up your sleeve.............
I think he's trying to bring us together. See Data, we can disagree in a civil manner.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

DC,

That's what I am waiting on. You know with most of the questions data already has something in his mind, he just likes to lead you down the primrose path before he springs it on you[8D] You gotta give him credit though he does stir up some interesting debates.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:42 PM
Typical Buck

this is gonna get GOOD
Old 04-26-2005, 02:46 PM

well, part of this thread is to see the differences in peoples take on ethics and fair chase and in turn they can see the same.

The other part of this thread is to amuse myself by creating a thread that is literally nothing more than what it is, at face value, and watching you guys wait to see me twist it into something it isn't and never was

But seriously ......... just exploring the differences in what goes and what doesn't. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:51 PM

I do not have a problem if you do it, but I would not do it personally. I think it is a bit selfish. Also, when I go hunting I want to see trees and bushes, not a fence.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:52 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: zak123

I do not have a problem if you do it, but I would not do it personally. I think it is a bit selfish. Also, when I go hunting I want to see trees and bushes, not a fence.
Zak there isn't anything wrong to sit above a tennis court, pool or even a golf tee. When I go hunting the first thing I want to see with in an half hour or so is a deer. I will always use that as my first criteria for choosing a hunting spot.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

ORIGINAL: zak123

Zak there isn't anything wrong to sit above a tennis court, pool or even a golf tee. When I go hunting the first thing I want to see with in an half hour or so is a deer. I will always use that as my first criteria for choosing a hunting spot.
Hmm, I don't remember saying it was wrong.

Quick Reply: how "ethical" is this ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.