Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Midwest Non-resident Deer License $$$

Old 04-25-2005, 08:22 PM

Default RE: Midwest Non-resident Deer License $$$

The problem is out-of-control. Money hungry polititions will not let up, the more money they think they can get, the higher prices will continue to go. The darn shame of it is, hunters won't band together to stop this problem. If prices are to high we(hunters) should boycott hunting season in other than our home state for a year. The western states and some of these midwest states may rethink the policy/fees for NR's. I know this would be impossible (boycott) but, wouldn't it be great to be able to ralley that kind of cooperation/power.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:55 AM

IMO, they should have set IL up in zones, like IA. I've been to Southern Illinois and I've seen the overpopulation problem down there. They need as many NR hunters as possible, but with these prices I could only imagine that NR numbers will begin dropping off sharply is places like Southern and Eastern Illinois. I would suspect that West Central will still stay hot and will not have the same problems as the other parts of the state.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

I see IL, IA, KS and some other big buck states starting a price war! Hunting is certainly pricing the workin' class man right out of the sport. [&:]
Boy, ain't that the truth. I will be participating in my first archery hunt in Minn. this fall and am only doing this because it is very affordable.