Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Horrible News coverage

Old 04-21-2005, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Horrible News coverage

I was just sitting here reading the forum. My local news here in Minnesota reports,
a turkey with a arrow in him is walking around and authorities have been trying to catch him since Tuesday. They show the clip which is from Spokane, Washington and a hen turkey is walking around with a arrow through her. It looked to be entering the base of the tail on the right side and exiting low out of her left chest area. It appears to be in fine shape with no signs of complications. They even showed it roosting. I just hate it when the news covers stuff like this. It's such a black eye for us.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:09 PM

Default RE: Horrible News coverage

u know what i hate! is when the archer does not follow up on thier game[:@]
then we would not have those news flashes![]
Old 04-21-2005, 09:35 PM

He shouldn't have taken a shot at the base of the tail??? Idiots like this severely hurt our chances of being able to bowhunt in the next half century.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd like to start my own news service and run a story adding some common sense to the world. I'd stick the mike in someone's face and ask, "So why didn't you shoot the thing the first time you saw it?" "It;s unfortunate that it has happened but senselessly irresponsible to let the thing run around like that. Why didn't you shoot the thing and give the thing to feed the hungry?"

Dirt bags pretending like they care about animals. I'd show them to be what they are, hypocrites.

It's a two way street baby. They'de be feeling some road rash when I was done.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:36 AM

It was also on the Today Show. Matt Lauer even said he had a deer running around with an arow out of it's behind at his house.

Unfortunately, it takes just this one instance to make national news.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:44 AM

I wish they'd show all the crippled deer from autombiles.

My point ? Things happen sometimes.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

He shouldn't have taken a shot at the base of the tail??? Idiots like this severely hurt our chances of being able to bowhunt in the next half century.
I thought that was a spot at on a Turkey??
Old 04-22-2005, 06:41 AM

Charlie P - me too

http://www.arkansasbowhunters.org/mi...urkey_shot.htm

Old 04-22-2005, 07:04 AM

It is a rotten thing to see, but it definitely happens. There was a goose 2 years ago with the arrow through the neck that made every news show.

The truth is, the hunter probably wasn't a bad guy or an unethical person. He missed his spot by less than 2 inches I bet, and on wild game that is not much of variance in a hunting situation. As more guys attempt to take turkeys with bows this will happen, and unfortunately will make the news regularly. The reason is many guys hunt with bows for turkeys as it lets them go after birds in residential areas that a shotgun would not be allowed or practical.

As far as following up his shot, that hunter had no chance. If that turkey is still running around and flying up to roost with the arrow in it .. he was NEVER going to catch up to it.

It does clearly illustrate how accurate you must be before hunting turkeys with a bow. If you can't bullseye 9 out of 10 times, you should stick to shotguns.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

The truth is, the hunter probably wasn't a bad guy or an unethical person. He missed his spot by less than 2 inches I bet, and on wild game that is not much of variance in a hunting situation. As more guys attempt to take turkeys with bows this will happen, and unfortunately will make the news regularly. The reason is many guys hunt with bows for turkeys as it lets them go after birds in residential areas that a shotgun would not be allowed or practical.

As far as following up his shot, that hunter had no chance. If that turkey is still running around and flying up to roost with the arrow in it .. he was NEVER going to catch up to it.
Good post Jay. I think too often people are too quick to assume the worst. It definetely could have not been intentional.

Quick Reply: Horrible News coverage

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.