Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stealth Cam question

Old 04-19-2005, 08:29 PM

Default Stealth Cam question

I just bought a Stealth Cam from Wal-Mart. I set it up and put it against the wall and walked in front of it. I put it on test and walked in front of it and the light went off signaling that motion was detected. I set it up today and couldn't trip it at a distance greater than 10 feet. After a few trips it would not even light up, but when I turned it off it flashed indicating that there was battery. I bought 8 new batteries and am going to try them tomorrow. I know that this is not the best camera, but I wanted to see if it would be stolen before I buy a good one. Do you guys have any suggestions? I tried doing a search but had no luck. Thanks
Old 04-20-2005, 08:53 AM

Default RE: Stealth Cam question

i have the same one and it usually doesnt signal farther than about 12 feet for me either, it still takes great pictures though. when you said it wasnt signaling and the flash went off when you turned it off could mean that you may have accidentally turned it all the way on. i have never had the flash go off wheni turned it off unless it was on, not on test mode. but like i said for the price its a great camera, got an awsome pic of my 12 pointer last year at 4 in the morning so you wont be dissapointed.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:49 AM

Default RE: Stealth Cam question

I posted some mods I think on this website and definitely a couple of other sites. Email me and I can give you the sites. My friend made the mods and his Stealth is working great. You can increase the battery capacity and adjust the sensitivity of the motion sensor to pick up at a further distance. Here is the link and it's from this website so I think it will be ok.

Stealth Game Cam Mods