Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What are your ethics?

Old 04-14-2005, 07:19 PM

Default What are your ethics?

I think this should be a fun topic. I do not want to see any bashing though.

What are your ethics and why?

1. I will not shoot a mother with a baby- I do not enjoy the kill and I do not want to see a baby run off alone.

2. I will not shoot a turkey out of a tree- There is no challenge to me.

3. I will not use bait or scents while hunting- I don't believe in baiting animals or attracting them with the use of scents.

4. I will not shoot animals while they have fawns or calves -My dad owns several hundred acres. I can hunt coyote 24 hours a day 365 days a year. I will not hunt them then.

5. I will try to make a clean shot on every animal- If I saw a coyote running across the field chasing a rabbit, and I know I can't make a clean shot, I would let the coyote go.

6. I will not prop the deer's head up in my truck- I do not believe that it is right to show off a kill.

7. I will not do a deer drive- I do not feel that this is hunting.

Please post your ethics, and remember, no fighting.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What are your ethics?

I like to shoot over my limit. Wond animals. Look for bambi and his mother. I like to make sloppy shots as well.

Now if you believe that, I got some ocean front property for sell. Real cheap.,

Im just going to set back and watch the storm
Old 04-14-2005, 07:41 PM
Spike

This is where I'm gonna practice keeping my mouth shut. I'm gonna sit back and watch the storm come with Burniegoeasily It's a tough post, it's all based on opinion with no right answer, besides the obvious legal ones
Old 04-14-2005, 07:49 PM

ORIGINAL: zak123

I think this should be a fun topic. I do not want to see any bashing though.

What are your ethics and why?

1. I will not shoot a mother with a baby- I do not enjoy the kill and I do not want to see a baby run off alone.

3. I will not use bait or scents while hunting- I don't believe in baiting animals or attracting them with the use of scents.

4. I will not shoot animals during their breeding season- My dad owns several hundred acres. I can hunt coyote 24 hours a day 365 days a year. I will not hunt them during their breeding season.

5. I will try to make a clean shot on every animal- If I saw a coyote running across the field chasing a rabbit, and I know I can't make a clean shot, I would let the coyote go.

6. I will not prop the deer's head up in my truck- I do not believe that it is right to show off a kill.

Please post your ethics, and remember, no fighting.

Hmmmmmm , If everyone but me was just like you I could have the woods all to myself during the rut. Sounds good to me.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:52 PM

Thanks for clearing that up. I meant to say while they had babies with them.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

4. I will not shoot animals while they have babies- My dad owns several hundred acres. I can hunt coyote 24 hours a day 365 days a year. I will not hunt them during their breeding season.

1. i would shoot the fawn if it didn't have spots

2. I will not shoot a turkey out of a tree
with anything smaller than a 22-250

3. i try to use my limited sence all the time, only bait when fishing, plus baiting is a lot less effective than spot-lighting, btw niether are legal here (yet)

4. wait till they have the babies and shoot both

5. i always shoot for the fernum (wherever i can hit'em)

6. i put mine up front, behind the wheel and then i lean over where i can't be seen and work the pedals and the wheel and leave a friend on the passenger side to advise me with driving instructions, you would not believe the look on peoples faces

7. didn't understand this one but i drive my wifes rabbit every now and then, thing gets great mileage

jes kiddin and my wife reminded me her car is a jetta (diesel)
Old 04-14-2005, 08:54 PM
Typical Buck

Only one...

I will not pay attention to mindless dribble about BS during the off season....
Old 04-14-2005, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

#1. Depends on how the situation and how old the baby is. I'd likely do the same as m.t. hands.

#2. Illegal to do that in my state anyway.

#3. Depends on the animal. I won't do that with deer. I will do it with hogs.

#4. Being a citified farm boy, I have no mercy when it comes to coyotes or other such varmints. Otherwise, I agree.

#5. Yep.

#6. I like showing off my kill to my friends, but not to everybody on the highway. Not from political correctness, but out of respect for the animal and other people's feelings.

#7. I don't like hunting with a bunch of other people anyway.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:54 PM

I try to get the does while they are dragging the baby by the umbilical cord. Just kidding, but that is what the do gooders would let everyone believe we do. I want to believe that most sportsman are ethical. Sure there will always be criminals and punks that have no respect for others land, nature or wildlife. In my state 93% of the land is owned by private landowners such as myself. I believe for the most part we manage wildlife ethically otherwise we would not have record numbers and record harvesting.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:25 AM

Mommies and babies ?? I think of them as does and fawns and likely in deer season the fawns are large enough to make it on their own. I'll shoot them or the tasty little ones too in the right circusmtances.

LOL ! Never tried it have you ? Dang things have amazing eyesight

hmmmmmmmmm. do you hunt over acorns falling off a white oak tree or at the edge of a food plot ?

4. I will not shoot animals while they have babies- My dad owns several hundred acres. I can hunt coyote 24 hours a day 365 days a year. I will not hunt them during their breeding season.
again, this babies thing sounds awefully cuddly for someone who kills animaks Zak

Agree - shoot to kill, everytime. Don't shoot to wound or MAYBE kill

least of my worries.

really ?

My personal ethics are mine, yours are yours. I'll try not to judge you and expect the same and as long as neither of us reflect negatively on Hunting it should be all good. I absolutely HATE to miss anything I shoot at. As for baiting, dogs, deer drives, trapping, killing young deer, shooting varmits, hunting over oak trees or a corn pile etc etc ? All debatable ways of killing deer - just remember anti's hate ANY way we kill deer, any deer. There is no politically correct way (ethical way) to kill deer from their point of view - its all wrong.

IMO

Quick Reply: What are your ethics?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.