Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Switch hitter

Old 04-03-2005, 05:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Switch hitter

I made the mistake (no mistake really) of visiting with Len yeasterday. Before I left I had a new bow and he had talked me into shooting right handed [&:]. He suggested this because I am opposit eye dominate and if he can do it anyone can. I was very hesitant at first, very awkard but after a few shots at 40# and a few at 50 and even one at 61 that he didn't tell me he cranked up that high it started feeling better. I even knocked one of his nocks off and was grouping very tight. This will open a whole new world of opportunity being able to shoot both left and right handed with the same bow. I can't beleive I bought a right handed bow but being his pupil I will only get better. I think I will be very happy.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Switch hitter

Thank God, I thought this about about something totaly differnt!!!!
Len has a way of just telling you how it is, and when he does, you should listen.
Glad to see you still "hitting" for the home team as well, LOL
Old 04-03-2005, 08:34 AM

do you still throw a baseball let handed ? Do you write left handed ? Shoot pool left handed ?

Is shooting a bow the ONLY thing you do let handed now ?
Old 04-03-2005, 10:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

I write and throw and shoot pool lefthanded but bat righthanded. Hitting a baseball was about the only thing I did righthanded
Old 04-03-2005, 11:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

You probably had problems picking up the flight of the ball lefthanded and shooting a bow with your dominant eye will most likely yield better results also.It will also be muchg easier to shoot with both eyes open.

My daughter is the same.She is right handed and shoots a gun and bow left handed because of her eye dominance.I have moved her to the left side of the plate for softball and she is seeing the ball MUCH better.She used to be WAY behind the ball and now her timing is about right.